Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #1

5th wheel rebuild...

I thought i posted this BUT as a rookie I must have missed something I can't find it now! OK so here's the deal I acquired a 2002 Cedar Creek, it is bone dry inside and I don't see mold (yet) . 4 years ago it was abandoned and left with food in it! It is a complete gut...we will remove all flooring , lino, furniture, mattress, counter top kitchen sink and start new. It will be completely washed down with the proper chemical to avoid any issues of mold. So now I'm seeking direction of where to purchase re-frig, stove, heater, hot water heater, and anything else I may need...which is everything. I am a building contractor so complete rebuild is not an issue, I just don't buy RV stuff everyday and would like direction. AND if anyone has any ideas as to improvement of an item that they know is an issue I would love to hear it.
outdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #2

Are you looking to buy new or used appliances? You could google RV Salvage and see if anything is near you.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #3

That's quite a project you're undertaking. The nice thing is you can rebuild it to fit your needs and wants. I would suggest skipping the oven, they don't cook as well as a home oven does. Instead install the traditional RV 3 burner LP gas cooktop and a convection/microwave instead of regular microwave.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #4

I would ask a local dealer or repair center about a contractor discount with the pledge of them being my one source for all supplies.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #5

the rebuild is easy we do it all the time in houses. We will completely remove all we need to in a day. Clean it with the proper safe chemical and then order everything new. Install should be 2 days. The last thing we will do is put a floating floor in ...something like a pergo. I'll get some pics before and after.
When complete we will pressure wash it and compound/wax the finish with a machine. We may have to remove most of the vinyl applications as they appear to be pretty faded. I don't think they are worth putting back on ? I may have the girl who does our trucks design something and we can re-apply it. By the way we will not be towing this unit, just going to leave it parked at a campground and hit it on the weekends..or when the boss kick's me out!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #6

Please post some 'before' pics and more pics while your rebuild progresses. I bet there's alot of people on this forum that would like to keep up with how you're doing.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #7

Not sure where you are located.....but there is a salvage rv sales business on I 44 just northeast of Joplin, MO that haas all kinds of salvaged rv appliances etc.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
Plain Old Member

I'm bookmarking this one. Love the rebuilds and self builds. Can't wait to see it.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #9

Just to let everyone know in pricing the following: Stove , Heating system, Hot water heater, sink, faucet and refrigerator the best prices are coming from PPL & Adventure RV. This is ALL NEW equipment...
Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
Plain Old Member

I've ordered several things from both of those places. Good results with both and continue to order from them.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote