Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #21

Want to avoid folks who do not merge properly? Avoid the right most lane when in congested areas. We always stay in the middle lanes in places like Phoenix, Denver, etc. Then when in less congested areas we can usually be defensive and slow down or change lanes in advance to avoid on-ramp traffic. Saves us a lot of frustration.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #22

I'm at 9200 lbs loaded with ST "E" rated Carlisle RH tires. I consistently tow at 68mph. I have had it to 75 on long desolate stretches of highway. I keep them aired to 75psi.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #23

I.m new to the game after twelve years on the sidelines. I brought my Apex 249rbs home yesterday with the cruise control set on 62. Since I haven't towed anything in a long time I wanted to take my time. I'm running 75mph rated Carlisles on the trailer but would never go that fast. I Doubt I'll ever go over 65 even when I do get more comfortable. I agree with Cow Racer probably about 5% of drivers know how to merge or how to let some one merge. The people who won't move over to a clear lane to let you merge annoy me more than anyone.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe