Old 06-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #11

We just traded in our Winnebago 35f class A for a Sunseeker GTS 2800. One reason was to get something smaller and another was to get something that handled better. The class A has a tendency to wander as there is a lot of play in the steering wheel. High winds and passing semi's only made it worse. The class C has much tighter steering and handles immensely better. The engine noise in the class A was more noticeable as you are basically sitting on the engine. Difficult to even hear the radio. Both had there share of miscellaneous interior noises but through a process of elimination we now have most of them worked out. Major sources of noise was the stove, microwave, entry door, dinette table, and squeaky slide outs cause by the Schwintek's motor gearing. In summary we are much happier with the Sunseeker and as and added bonus we were able to get all our stuff from the A into the C with no problems.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #12

Thanks for all of the responses so far.

I regret to report that I had to eliminate the Ford based Sunseeker/Forester from my quest. It was too difficult for me to go from the driver's seat to the rear due to the hump. Additionally, the driver's seat is very limited in fore/aft movement because it is blocked by the slideout. So I was too close to the steering wheel, couldn't raise it for comfort and not enough rearward movement to allow negotiation around the hump. Other than that, I liked it alot.

Next I will be trying a Georgetown 30X3 and an DynaMax REV 24RB.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy55378 View Post
We just traded in our Winnebago 35f class A for a Sunseeker GTS 2800. One reason was to get something smaller and another was to get something that handled better. The class A has a tendency to wander as there is a lot of play in the steering wheel. High winds and passing semi's only made it worse. The class C has much tighter steering and handles immensely better. The engine noise in the class A was more noticeable as you are basically sitting on the engine. Difficult to even hear the radio. Both had there share of miscellaneous interior noises but through a process of elimination we now have most of them worked out. Major sources of noise was the stove, microwave, entry door, dinette table, and squeaky slide outs cause by the Schwintek's motor gearing. In summary we are much happier with the Sunseeker and as and added bonus we were able to get all our stuff from the A into the C with no problems.
It seems that some of the noise is coming from the microwave but there is nothing visible to tighten. I had the turntable wrapped in a towel but eventually removed it. Made no difference.

I resolved my door issues as long as I remember to close the slider on the screen door.

I bought one of those wood stove top covers which works well until it comes loose.

I have been wondering about the slideout.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Thanks for all of the responses so far.

I regret to report that I had to eliminate the Ford based Sunseeker/Forester from my quest. It was too difficult for me to go from the driver's seat to the rear due to the hump. Additionally, the driver's seat is very limited in fore/aft movement because it is blocked by the slideout. So I was too close to the steering wheel, couldn't raise it for comfort and not enough rearward movement to allow negotiation around the hump. Other than that, I liked it alot.

Next I will be trying a Georgetown 30X3 and an DynaMax REV 24RB.
Where you in a 2800 / 2801? I've been in some Class C's that are "tight" on drivers seat space, due to the slide out, but our GTS isn't one of them. The dinette slide out wall is about a foot behind the drivers seat. With the optional power drivers seat in our GTS I have as about as much room in it as I do in my Ford Edge. I agree the E-450 doghouse is a PITA to get around, especially when compared to the MBS chassis.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Where you in a 2800 / 2801? I've been in some Class C's that are "tight" on drivers seat space, due to the slide out, but our GTS isn't one of them. The dinette slide out wall is about a foot behind the drivers seat. With the optional power drivers seat in our GTS I have as about as much room in it as I do in my Ford Edge. I agree the E-450 doghouse is a PITA to get around, especially when compared to the MBS chassis.
I was in a Sunseeker 2860 which is essentially the same as a Forester 2861. And in many respects appears to be similar to the 2801.

My chevy chassis Sunseeker has less doghouse intrusion into the cabin.

There are no GTS 2801 units in my area to check out.

Tags
quality