Old 06-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw7213 View Post
Check the back of the temp title in the paperwork. It should have the lean holder listed if it does then the bank does not need to send anything. Take your paperwork to DFA and get it licensed. They will issue you a plate and then send a new title to the Bank showing the lean.
BOA has the temp title.....Ohio sent it to them last week......that is what they are overnighting here, and what is out for delivery at this time. That is what I've been needing and waiting on. The bank is the lien holder. I've taken paperwork to DFA twice and been told they can do nothing until the title shows up.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
The divorce would be too expensive.....

Yeah your probably right. I keep forgetting about that side of life. 😱

5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #63
Chief tinkerer

BandJCarm, we didnt recieve our tags for our new rig before we left and only had what they called a "Drive out Tag" for our two week 3500 miler through 5 Southern states. The dealer said Ga doesnt issue temp tags for RV's and we would be fine with only our bill of sale and insurance card. We made the whole trip without incident with nothing but "We Bought ours from "Dealer Name"" in the tag holder.
After the first few state and city cops went by us, I quit worrying about it.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #64
Chief tinkerer

hmmm? I somehow have a little winking guy where I typed the letter d.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post
BandJCarm, we didnt recieve our tags for our new rig before we left and only had what they called a "Drive out Tag" for our two week 3500 miler through 5 Southern states. The dealer said Ga doesnt issue temp tags for RV's and we would be fine with only our bill of sale and insurance card. We made the whole trip without incident with nothing but "We Bought ours from "Dealer Name"" in the tag holder.
I can tell by the vibes you are putting off that you do not have my bad luck!

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 06-10-2016, 01:30 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post

I'm a risk taker myself and I would bring all paperwork and explain if I were pulled over. And if you did get pulled over what's the worst thing that could happen? A 75$ ticket? You could probably challenge it and win it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #67

First, I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions and offers to help. Seven pages of folks stepping in with suggestions. I appreciate all of you. I know every state is obviously different, and some of them radically so. It's hard to give advice if you are in another state, I realize that, because every one of them is slightly different. That's fine, I'm a "States Rights" kinda guy!

I am back from a 2 hour sit in our Revenue Dept (DMV). I have the tag!! WOOO HOOO,. What an ordeal. The document was delivered at 1:00 and I hightailed it over there and now I have a tag. Never again do I have to worry about it.

The guy at Revenue told me to get "tamper proof screws" to put it on with. I admit, I never heard of 'em. He said folks stole these tags right and left. News to me, but ok. He said Lowe's, etc., had 'em. I'll check that out.

I thank you. Knocking out problems left, right, bam, boom, wham (I feel like Batman)...........

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 06-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #68

Congrats now just enjoy your trip then tell us all about it
Old 06-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #69
Head Rambler

I'm glad it worked out for you.

The suggestion for tamper proof screws is a good idea. Don't get the torx with the post in them, they're so common that everyone has the drivers for them. I like the restroom screws with the slots ground out. Or the dual pin head screws.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:11 PM   #70

I live in Ohio and have about 50 trucks and trailers currently over the years I have received two temp tags many times because of exactly what you are talking about. In fact just last month. The tag costs the dealer money...they lied just keep that in mind in future dealings with them!

2017 Brookstone 395RL
Chardon OH

Tags
travel