Old 07-24-2019, 09:01 PM   #1

AC condensation

For you AC pros...I noticed water dripping from the bedroom AC and when I turned it off water poured out through the filter. Lots of water, more than a full cup. It wasnít raining, the filter is clean, the coils are clean, and the drain holes in the drain pan are not clogged. The next night it did fine, but the third night it did it again. Whatís happening and how do I fix it? Itís a Dometic AC on a 2015 Hemisphere.

Kkv59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:07 PM   #2
Coach

Everything good with the roof? ACs have foam pads that sit down on the roof to make a seal. Perhaps that needs a good inspection?

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #3

Was it cooling good before you turned it off. If it was I would suspect the drain on the roof section is clogged and allowing water to back up and drain inside. If it wasn't then I would think the unit could have froze up and when you shut it off it thawed and drained inside.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:31 PM   #4

If you mean the gasket that seals from rain water, yes it seems fine and it hadn’t rained in days. You can actually hear the water up in the ac when it is on so the water must be where the return air is flowing over it.....if that makes sense. Thanks for the help, I have researched everywhere.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmurph View Post
Was it cooling good before you turned it off. If it was I would suspect the drain on the roof section is clogged and allowing water to back up and drain inside. If it wasn't then I would think the unit could have froze up and when you shut it off it thawed and drained inside.
Yes, it was cooling and the water poured out immediately, no time for thawing. Will have husband check the holes in the drain pan again. Everything sits on some black styrofoam looking stuff, not sure what that is but think it helps with vibration when traveling. It is difficult to actually see the holes in the pan. Water was dripping from the roof but I didn’t think it was as much as it should be.