Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #1

add a room

Wondering if anyone has or is currently using an Add a Room on their trailer. The DW is looking to have a Carefree Buena Vista added to our camper. We are seasonal campers and it would stay up all summer. So I'd like to hear if it is worth it and how they work. We checked and the Buena Vista will work with our power awning. Thanks.
wiscoheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

If you have the power awning, you will need to support the awning tube with more than the adjustable arms.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #3

Do you have suggestions on how to support the extended arms? We won't do this thill next spring. We have to close up camper now as we have no more weekends free till the campground closes for the year. Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #4
Take The Road Less Travld

I do believe oldcoot does have some very nice options as I have seen them in other posts. I have also used an add a room and they are nice. We are weekend campers and didn't use it all that often unless we were on a longer trip. But the ability to have the extra room to keep things dry and hidden was nice. Not sure about the stability for an all season long setup, but it will be great while it lasts. Make sure you anchor it well would be my suggestions. Consider what you will do during a bad wind storm.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #5

Not having had a power awning before, if we place rigid supports up how will that affect the awning's built in feature to tip when rain builds up?
Old 09-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscoheel View Post
Not having had a power awning before, if we place rigid supports up how will that affect the awning's built in feature to tip when rain builds up?
If the tube is supported and tied down, the dump feature is negated. You need to tilt the tube at least 4"-6"

Tags
roo