Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2018, 05:47 AM   #1

adding outlet in slide help

When we sit at the dining table in one of the slides in our Prime Time Crusader with our dueling laptops, plotting out the next day's adventure, we often need to plug in for power. That means having the power cords stretched across the aisle to the island. Invariably either our two rescues or my wife or I wind up tripping over the cords. I'm starting to check into the possibility of adding an outlet to the base of the pedestal table. At least one thing I have to figure out is how to wire it considering that the slide moves.

I'm wondering if this kind of a cord needs to be part of the plan: https://www.cablescience.com/power-c...no-shield.html Without starting to dig around and see if this is even possible, I thought I might have to run some traditional wire in a Schedule 80 conduit in the slide and then use this coiled cord to accommodate the deployment of the slide. Thoughts?

Other things to think about?

TIA,
Nancy & Phil
psikora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:24 AM   #2

Most slides that have outlets or wire that passes under them are in pvc conduit which is attached to a moveable rack, that is hinged on 1 end.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Most slides that have outlets or wire that passes under them are in pvc conduit which is attached to a moveable rack, that is hinged on 1 end.
Thanks. Maybe when I get under there I can see what that looks like on the opposing slide which is the kitchen slide with all sorts of outlets. Seeing it would be more helpful.
psikora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide