Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #1

AdventureRV.net bad experience

Just an FYI...

I ordered a towbar from them due to their prices being great. They sent me a tracking number and the first attempt to deliver was done as said, however I ended up having to go to the local FedEx office which is not "local".

The issue is that the DID NOT communicate that the package needed a direct signature from the recipient, not just a neighbor or left on the porch. It was not in either of the 2 emails that were sent regarding the order, nor the online tracking system on their website. This caused a delay in the shipping, rescheduling my installation appointment, and me having to drive 20 miles round trip to pick it up. When I asked customer service about it, they said they are not required to tell the customer, even though they are required to have direct signature by the credit card companies. Now...I would think that a simple sentence in their original email would have avoided this, which is providing customer service. They feel that packaging it up, sending it, and emailing the tracking number only is customer service. They felt that by just sending you the tracking number, and that everyone knows a direct signature is required, you were on your own and deal with it. I could have made other arrangements for shipping, or had it shipped to work where I could sign, had I known. People work and it is unreasonable to expect someone to sit at home everytime a package is delivered since the majority of packages are left on your door step or with a neighbor.

Below is the conversation thread with their customer service. Majority of people may not have problems with AdventurRV.net, however this is how you are treated when you do.

Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:56pm
I will now have to go about 20 mlies out of my way to pick it up from a local FedEx location, in addition to rescheduling my install. I hope there is time before we leave for the Thanksgiving weekend. I expect my shipping costs to be refunded.

Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:29am - staff
I am sorry, but due to the increased amount of fraud it is protection for both parties. Tracking information is automatically emailed to your email address so you will know when it is going to be delivered.

Wed, Nov 14 2012 11:17am
So what if the tracking information is sent. Do you not realize that people work during the day and cannot be waiting at home every time they receive a package. Had I been informed that the package required my signature, I would have made other arrangements earlier to have it delivered to my work. I still feel that I should be refunded my shipping costs due to this hassle, and the fact that I have to go out of my way to pick it up. I would be more than happy to share my experiences on the various RV forums I am a member of.

Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:10am - staff
The tracking number was sent so you would know when to expect it. Do you really think $1000 worth of goods should be left out on your porch or by a garage all day?? Suppose it was and someone stole it. Would you be satisfied with that situation? Your credit card company requires us to have a signature for that amount of product.

Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:27am - staff
I really enjoyed our conversation this morning. It really made my day.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Site Team

I understand that you're angry but I do wonder why you just didn't have FedX re-deliver
it when someone would be home?

1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Love My Sunseeker

HA! Just TRY to get FedX to re-deliver when you are home. I had to ban people from FedXing me or UPS'ing me due to this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I understand that you're angry but I do wonder why you just didn't have FedX re-deliver

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Not easy. My wife and I live in a rural area ourside of San Diego. We both travel an hour for work, and are not home when they are out delivering. I don't expect AdventureRV to know this, but communication would have solved this. I would have made the shipping address work had I know this. I have many items shipped and only freight items, which are dedicated trucks, require someone to be home and they call you to make an appointment to deliver.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #5

I stand by Adventure RV. I know what it is like to (Wait) on a service person who says they will be there between 8am & 5pm also! Youroo!!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I stand by Adventure RV. I know what it is like to (Wait) on a service person who says they will be there between 8am & 5pm also! Youroo!!
You stand by a company that does not provide all the shipping information? I don't understand what you are trying to convey.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #7

I've always had good service with Adventure.net. If you've had problems with UPS/FedEx in the past, maybe you should have communicated that to Adventure. Seems like you want beer prices and champaign service. I wouldn't want them to leave $1000 sitting on my doorstep. When I ordered a computer from Dell it required a signature which they did not convey either. Now "I" ask.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #8

I have had Adventure ship us many things,never a problem. We have waited all day for service people,who Never showed up! Youroo!!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
I've always had good service with Adventure.net. If you've had problems with UPS/FedEx in the past, maybe you should have communicated that to Adventure. Seems like you want beer prices and champaign service. I wouldn't want them to leave $1000 sitting on my doorstep. When I ordered a computer from Dell it required a signature which they did not convey either. Now "I" ask.
His complaint is that a simple note advising him that someone must be there to sign for the package would have prevented a misunderstanding. He's not expecting champaign service, he's expecting GOOD service. I completely understand where he is coming from.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #10

It is a pain to have to wait. I have a retired neighbor who will accept FedEx for me. When I have ordered items to be installed (ok, tires, not a tow-bar) I have had them shipped to the shop doing the work. Just my 2˘.

One time I was home when the driver showed up, but they did not need a signature. He carefully left a 30lb box on the hood of my car... and I came out just in time to see it slowly slide off, leaving some nice marks in the clear coat. (need a smiley with animated steam jets coming from the ears)

2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote