Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #1

advice needed

I am looking for a brand to travel trailer that has both a dinette and a couch to watch TV. Also a wardrobe for wife to hang clothes. Here's the hard part. I want to spend less than 30k and i am looking for a decent trailer something cool in summer and warm in winter. what have you seen? what can you recommend? Something commonly available in the south Mississippi Louisiana area

Old 06-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
William

Welcome to the forum. Prime Time Lacrosse has several models that fit your criteria. Not sure where you're located, but Southern RV in Lafayette and Shreveport, LA carries Prime Time products.

2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #3

I have a surveyor sv-305. This model has a second bedroom and a big U shaped couch and there is a table that can be set up as a table or collapsed into a coffee table.. Also has an ottoman... The surveryor 305 is similar to the coachmen freedom express 320BHDS. The coachmen actually has a separate couch and dinette area. Jeeplj8 has one I believe and may be in to give his feelings on them..

The surveyor has been a great trailer, love the fiberglass siding and fully enclosed underbelly will help with the warm winters and the 15K ac will help keep summers cool!

You may want to give us a little more idea as to what you are wanting to do with a camper to fully help... IE bringing anyone else? you like to stay inside more than out? want an outside kitchen? outside shower?

what kind of tow vehicle are you going to be using? would a 5er be a possibility?

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
NELA

thelostone,

I sent you a PM.

Forgot to say that the one I spoke about has a sofa (hide a bed power air mattress) two theatre type Lazy Boy recliners, and a 4 chair dining table.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #5

If you plan for RVing in the late spring, summer and fall where you live you should have two ACs if you want to stay cool. I live in SE Texas which has weather much like yours and if you want to stay cool you will need them. I have a 32 foot fiver and I am so glad that I got the 50 amp and two ACs. Good Luck

2011 F250, CC, diesel, longbed, RWD
2012 V-Cross 275 fiver
Old 06-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostone View Post
I am looking for a brand to travel trailer that has both a dinette and a couch to watch TV. Also a wardrobe for wife to hang clothes. Here's the hard part. I want to spend less than 30k and i am looking for a decent trailer something cool in summer and warm in winter. what have you seen? what can you recommend? Something commonly available in the south Mississippi Louisiana area
It would be helpful if you gave some info on how large a trailer you are looking at. Many larger trailer will have what you are looking for. My 320 main TV swivels so you watch it from the main room or the bunkroom and have a separate tv in the front bedroom.

Like the Surveryor it is fully enclosed underbelly and although I would not like to stay in it in the artic, it is good for sub-freezing weather within reason.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
It would be helpful if you gave some info on how large a trailer you are looking at. Many larger trailer will have what you are looking for. My 320 main TV swivels so you watch it from the main room or the bunkroom and have a separate tv in the front bedroom.

Like the Surveryor it is fully enclosed underbelly and although I would not like to stay in it in the artic, it is good for sub-freezing weather within reason.

Told you he'd be here! I must not have much to do as he does and was able to beat him to the punch!

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #8

The unit would be just for me. I relocate once to twice a year. this is when it would be moved. I tend to be more an inside person. Have scouted a few places to park up already. Wow all the cool amenities. Beats a hotel or apartment. I do not have a tow vehicle yet. What I get depends on what I need. Cant pull much with a mini-van which will go when I know what I need. Used trucks are relatively easy to come across.
Also thanks so much for the input so far!!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #9

We have the Windjammer 3001w. Has a closet in the v-nose. a dinette and sofa plus two chairs. We camp in ours during the winter when the temp. drops to low to mid 20's or -5 to -10c. Tows easily behind our F150. Have had the TT for 3 years now with no major complaints.

caper is offline   Reply With Quote