Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #1

Air pump

I'm currently carrying around a Harbir Freight pancake air pump. I believe 2 gallons. I think I want to lighten my load on my RW 2608ws. So any recommendations for something lighter and too expensive for occasional tire use?

Thanks
robbdrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #2

I have a craftsman Air Boss. It lays flat and has a 20 ft hose and a built in hose for bike tires etc. good value with a lot of Air!!!
Old 04-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #3

I have the same air pump as you and it would proabably take 20 minutes ore more to fill up a truck tire. Going smaller would even take longer...
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #4

No sir mine fills at 1 lb per second and I need 80lb in my tires. Very short time and will go way over 100 no problem.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #5

I use a slime portable 12v pump for my fifth wheel tires. You can inflate from 50 lbs to 80 lbs in approx 2 minutes. Got mine on Amazon. Very compact and weighs about 5 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Powellr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #6

Son-in-law has the compressor you do, and after working around compressors all my life, it is pretty wimpy for its size. I picked up this one primarily to air up the tires on my truck after off roading (depending on the surface, we air down to ~20 psi for better traction/smoother ride). High volume was a prerequisite-don't like waiting forever to refill. The downside is it must be connected to the vehicle battery. Draws too many amps to use the cig lighter receptacles. It is much smaller than the pancake.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #7

I have three different sized Slime pumps that I've had for years. One for the Goldwing, one for the truck and one for the TT. Work great. Cheap! Several different wiring adaptors to fit your need. Auto Zone has all sizes.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump