Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Chris and Sara

All hooked up!!

Got everything all hooked up in the driveway, waiting for morning!! We are headed to the Smokies!! Couple of issues/ questions. My driveway is at a slight angle where it meets my level trailer pad. When I backed the equalizer under the TT tongue, the latch would not latch down due to the angle. I ended up taking the receiver out of the truck, inserting onto the trailer, then had my wife back the truck up as I held the receiver!! Do you guys know whether or not I could tilt the EQ hith head to compensate for this, or am I going to have to do thi severy time? Second question is on my fridge, I have it set to auto. Does it matter whether or not the gas button is in or out for it to automatically switch to gas in the morning when I unplug from the house? Thanks

2004 F-150 with Tow Package
2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

renegaderailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think you would want to mess with the tilt of your EQ.....that adusts how much weight distributing you have. Try pulling the TV forward a little after you drop the coupler onto the ball. Sometimes if the ball sets too far back in the coupler, the pawl will not engage.

If your gas tanks are on and the fridge is in the automatic postion (the gas button not engaged), the fridge should switch from electric to gas without having to do anything. The gas button is there so that it would not switch to electric if you plug up to shore power.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
Chris and Sara

Thanks MTGUY you responded just in time!! We will update from Paducah tonight, and Gatlinburg tomorrow, is this anxious/nervous feeling normal the first couple of trips?

2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

Old 06-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Don't worry. The anxious/nervous feeling is perfectly normal, even after the first couple of trips.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Chris and Sara

Well we made it!! I am hooked up to their internet right now!! Had a great drive to Calvert City, KY right outside of Paducah. We are at the KOA. Already blew the main breaker outside running the microwave and the AC at the same time, guess that was too much.The trailer pulled great, I kept it around 60 mph. Illinois requires trucks and camper drive 55 anyway!! Another 350 miles tomorrow and we are set for a week at Jellystone Gatlinburg. Thanks for all of your help guys, this is a life long dream!!

2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
ARLO

trailering 829fkss

We have a 2008 F150 supercrew and we are looking at that same trailer. It's reassuring to know it towed well for you. Thanks for the update.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Chris and Sara

yeah with the prodigy and the equalizer hitch, I had no problems. A lot of big rigs passed me today, and although I felt it a little bit, it wasnt scary!!

2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch