Old 06-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #51

Where are you staying in Branson? The colored routes can save you time, If you get off on Hwy 76 (The Strip) it can cost you 30 minutes to get across town out toward Silver Dollar City. Lots of new & exciting things here this year...the relocated navy Pier Ferris Wheel opens this week. let me know & I can probably get you around town with ease.

Branson, MO
jeffseay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffseay View Post
Where are you staying in Branson? The colored routes can save you time, If you get off on Hwy 76 (The Strip) it can cost you 30 minutes to get across town out toward Silver Dollar City. Lots of new & exciting things here this year...the relocated navy Pier Ferris Wheel opens this week. let me know & I can probably get you around town with ease.
We are staying at the Wilderness @Silver Dollar City because we got a good rate with a season pass discount! I saw that the wheel is almost ready! We don't have much of an itinerary because of the little man, but we know we're going to SDC one day, White Water another and a beach day at Moonshine. Plus we have to figure out where to go watch the best fireworks!

Life is good...Live it!
(2014) Nights Camped - 16 in 6 trips (2015) Nights Camped - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) Nights Camped - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) at least 23 Nights Planned in at least 6 trips!
JustB_Rad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #53

I also believe that schedules are for work. All you are doing is setting yourself up for frustration. One little thing goes wrong and there goes the schedule and now all that planning is out the window and you're frustrated.
It's a vacation and you're supposed to have fun. Park the rv in the driveway, plug it in so the fridge works. Pack everything the day before your 4am scheduled time of departure. Do your normal routine and as soon as the little one falls asleep, carry it to the car seat, jump in and go! (Don't forget to unplug the rv). Let's say that's 8:30. Now you are 8 hrs ahead of the schedule. Drive till you're tired and stop for a snooze. Let's say you sleep for 4 hrs. You are still 4 hrs ahead of the schedule. The little one should sleep all night. Bring snacks to keep your going until breakfast. 600 miles a day is doable just go with the flow. Every few hrs stop for a few minutes at a rest area and go for a little walk. Get some fresh air, wash your face with cool water.
Go for it. Have a great vacation and drive safe!
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
We are staying at the Wilderness @Silver Dollar City because we got a good rate with a season pass discount! I saw that the wheel is almost ready! We don't have much of an itinerary because of the little man, but we know we're going to SDC one day, White Water another and a beach day at Moonshine. Plus we have to figure out where to go watch the best fireworks!
Heading South bound on Hwy 65 from Springfield you will want to take Hwy 465, the Ozark Mountain Highroad about 5 miles North of Branson. This will virtually deliver you right to Hwy 265 & the front door of you campground. Right at the entrance of you campground is Billy Gails Restaurant...best breakfast in Branson! A close second is the Hungry Hunter just past Moonshine Beach at the entrance of the State park. The Chateau near Moonshine Beach does their shoot on the 3rd & Big Cedar Lodge does theirs on the 4th that I believe you can also see from Moonshine Beach. The Branson landing does thiers on the 3rd, but it is a logistical nightmare unless you get there before 4PM. If you plan on buying some fireworks to shoot off yourself, come see me at our tent setup in front of the Imax Theatre & introduce yourself...we will be open until July 5th. You will be able to get SDC & White Water combo tickets at your campground. You need to be at White Water before they open to get any shade...so arrive early!

Branson, MO
jeffseay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #55

We took epic journeys across the country pulling a pup when the kids were young.

DW fixed up cheap (mostly) goody bags to be able to bring out a new toy or activity, occasionally. Some of them were things they hadn't played with for a while, but still new to them.

Be sure to stop and walk around a bit if your eyes get heavy, regardless of schedule.
Underthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:46 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffseay View Post
Heading South bound on Hwy 65 from Springfield you will want to take Hwy 465, the Ozark Mountain Highroad about 5 miles North of Branson. This will virtually deliver you right to Hwy 265 & the front door of you campground. Right at the entrance of you campground is Billy Gails Restaurant...best breakfast in Branson! A close second is the Hungry Hunter just past Moonshine Beach at the entrance of the State park. The Chateau near Moonshine Beach does their shoot on the 3rd & Big Cedar Lodge does theirs on the 4th that I believe you can also see from Moonshine Beach. The Branson landing does thiers on the 3rd, but it is a logistical nightmare unless you get there before 4PM. If you plan on buying some fireworks to shoot off yourself, come see me at our tent setup in front of the Imax Theatre & introduce yourself...we will be open until July 5th. You will be able to get SDC & White Water combo tickets at your campground. You need to be at White Water before they open to get any shade...so arrive early!
Thank You for all the advice! We can't wait to be there!

Life is good...Live it!
Old 06-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #57
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
If your into the shows, Six is very good
Old 07-11-2016, 07:41 AM   #58

Just wanted to post an update from our trip! We left home at 4:45AM on July 2nd, and of course, the toddler didn't sleep a wink when we initially left home! 45 Min into the drive, I passed through a wayside to get his video's going! He stayed awake for another 2 hours after that. 2 Hours in, I had to stop and get another video going for him, so we stopped at a gas station and topped off. Of course, about 15 minutes before we were supposed to stop in Bloomington, IL for breakfast, he fell asleep, so we drove until he woke up, which was Lincoln, IL and had breakfast there instead. I topped off in Lincoln after breakfast and about an hour South of there, I got tired and got a 20 Min relief drive from the Mrs. before we got to St. Louis, so there were 2 more short stops at the top of Off/On Ramps. That 20 min power nap was AWESOME and exactly what I needed. I didn't feel tired the entire rest of the trip! We then drove through St. Louis and made it all the way to Sullivan, MO, where we just stopped for a quick lunch an Micky D's....unfortunately, a half hour later we needed to make an emergency bathroom break for the Mrs....and then again in another half hour AGAIN! We were then FINALLY able to make our push to Branson. We made the 640 Mile drive in 13 hours and 30 Min, pulling in at 6:15 PM. We averaged (Including stops) 47 mph...while actually driving at about 65....we used 70 gallons of fuel and averaged 9MPG.

The way home was MUCH smoother. After losing 2 days of doing stuff in Branson due to bad weather and the baby having a fever, we decided to stay an extra night there and 1 day it back! We left Branson at 7:15AM and made it almost all the way to Eureka before we needed to stop and get fuel. The baby slept most of that leg. After that stop we we drove 2 more hours before we stopped for lunch (waited until the baby woke up)...that put us just North of Springfield, IL....just out of range for making it home on fuel....so we waited until the fuel light went on to make our final fuel stop in El Paso, IL. Once we got through that, we made one short potty break at a wayside in Illinois about an hour and half later and that was it! We were home by 7:00PM!!! 11 Hours and 45 Min on the drive back! We averaged 54mph and 8.7mpg on the way back and about 65mph on the highway.

Thanks for all your input everybody! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I surely wouldn't want to put any more miles in than that in a day!

Life is good...Live it!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #59

Sounds like most of us were pretty good on our predictions - even doing 65 mph, most of us only average around 50-55 mph on an all-day drive.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #60

700 miles is a very full day of driving when hauling my TT. That includes stops for gas, meals and potty breaks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote