Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2018, 06:53 AM   #1

Allstay RV and Camping app.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the Allstay RV and Camping app that was available on android phones. I've been using this app for years. Recently when I went to use it, I kept getting the message that the app stopped working. So I figured I would uninstall it, then re install. But it's not available anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forest River Forums mobile app
Soxfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:16 AM   #2

I use their app on my iPhone and iPad a lot - love it! The IOS version is still working well fortunately. I suggest you email them at apps@allstays.com and ask about the android version. My experience with them is that they promptly respond to emails.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:22 AM   #3

Thanks. I will do that.

Soxfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:46 AM   #4
Always Learning

And then please let us know what you hear.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #5

They supposedly quit supporting android a few months back.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forest River Forums mobile app
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:34 PM   #6

Google dropped the Allstays app, not the other way around. Supposedly they won't allow the free camping information.
Millerx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #7

Googled again

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forest River Forums mobile app
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #8

I didn't know and have not heard but mine is working fine.
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #9

Android options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxfan1957 View Post
Can anyone tell me what happened to the Allstay RV and Camping app that was available on android phones. I've been using this app for years. Recently when I went to use it, I kept getting the message that the app stopped working. So I figured I would uninstall it, then re install. But it's not available anymore.

The developer has stated that Google banned the app from the app store because it listed places with free overnight parking. Anyone who has the app can continue to use it. There was also an issue over Google charges for using the map service, each time the user zoomed or panned.

You can use their website at https://www.allstays.com/ which is free, or get additional features for a $30 subscription. See this site for details.

It's worth mentioning that if you happen to have the .apk file around on an old phone or computer, you can still load it.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #10

Just corresponded with the owner. What was said above about Google maps was the answer I received. The app still works on my Samsung S9+ (transferred from my S7 about a month ago). The problem is you will not receive any updates. He is giving a $10 coupon for Allstays Pro which is an annual charge unlike the app which was a one time charge. I signed up for a year to check it out. The Pro version is supposed to have more content available. Time will tell I guess. Still available for iPhone and iPad and is being supported with updates. Not an Apple fan so guess I'm outta luck.
Zargonians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #11

Another option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargonians View Post
Just corresponded with the owner. What was said above about Google maps was the answer I received. The app still works on my Samsung S9+ (transferred from my S7 about a month ago). The problem is you will not receive any updates. He is giving a $10 coupon for Allstays Pro which is an annual charge unlike the app which was a one time charge. I signed up for a year to check it out. The Pro version is supposed to have more content available. Time will tell I guess. Still available for iPhone and iPad and is being supported with updates. Not an Apple fan so guess I'm outta luck.
I should have put this in my previous post. If you have access to the APK (install file), you can download and install it. You have to set
Settings-->Security-->Unknown Sources (Allow installation of apps from unknown sources): ON.
Then download the file and tap on it.
Some of the standard archives for APKs are
  • allfreeapk.com
  • apk-dl.com
  • apkpure.com
  • apkmonk.com
  • downloadapk.net
Search for Allstays at any one of these sites. After you download the file, you may have to look for it in Downloads and tap it to get it to install. If your phone doesn't know what to do when you tap the APK file, search "APK" in the Google Play store and install any of the APK installers.
Be sure to set Security-->Unknown Sources:OFF when you have finished installing.

Please do not start a side discussion on the safety of downloading from other sources. If you don't feel comfortable, just don't do it.

Larry

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #12

We still use the Allstays app on our Androids. It's a terrific app and is used on every trip.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping