Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #21

Still sounds like you had a better summer than a majority of the nation's population. Be positive.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector517 View Post
Whatever the weather or camping issues, it sure beats staying at home and watching old reruns on television. I choose to be happy and live life to the fullest regardless of circumstances. Let go and let God. Peace be with you my friends.
Haha...never been trapped in an RV with a screaming 1 year old I see? Cheers!

This is what he was watching....

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #23

Just remember, it could always be worse. When I was in Vietnam (and when I went through the Special Forces Qualification Course) and thought about complaining during a patrol, I made my mind travel to Valley Forge and the men with no shoes during the winter, and little to eat.

Just sayin'
Old 08-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsgm View Post
Just remember, it could always be worse. When I was in Vietnam (and when I went through the Special Forces Qualification Course) and thought about complaining during a patrol, I made my mind travel to Valley Forge and the men with no shoes during the winter, and little to eat.

Just sayin'
I know, complaining about First World Problems......

Thank You for your service and making it possible for me to have something to complain about!

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #25

76 days so far, another 30 coming up. Wait for it to be over? NAW!
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
Haha...never been trapped in an RV with a screaming 1 year old I see? Cheers!
Oh, I can feel you on that scenario, although it has been awhile, lol! Try telling a one-year to make the most out of it and be positive!
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #27

If you are in western Wisconsin, you might consider the Pepin area. Time and again, we have seen nasty storms all around the area. For some reason, god parts the clouds around Rochester, MN and Pepin gets nothing. Only problem is that the run off keeps the water levels high.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:23 PM   #28

Oh what I would not give to have a 1 year old , that would be pure heaven. I must be part duck cause I love to see it rain, listening to it rain on the roof of my Creek. Rain is like snow only liquid, we were gone out west this year for five weeks and I think it rained one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #29

Some of us haven't camped all year and can't start till fall/late fall. Don't rush it....

All of the local lakes are at flood stage around here. Who knows how long the local lake is gonna be closed. On top of that they raising the conversation pool about 10 feet. Any idea how many spots that takes away? A lot. Right now I think it is about 10 feet high...parks all closed anyway.

born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:59 PM   #30

We camp in Central Ontario. The weather here has been incredible. Many days over 90 & very dry. Unfortunately so dry there have been fire bans but camping for about 5 weeks total has been amazing. Come east to camp.
Maris
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #31

Another Ontario camper here. Our season is just starting! I guess we are fair weather campers but we are campers not travellers. Too buggy in the spring and too hot, humid and crowded in summer. We are leaving tomorrow for what probably will be a month or so tour of Ontario and possibly upper New York. Love the cool crisp nights and deserted campgrounds.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #32

Be careful what you wish for. We had a whole summer of great camping weather scheduled. Went out once, then had to cancel the rest of the summer. Can't wait until next year. Get a rain coat and boots for the little one and a rain poncho for you and explore the wet outdoors! Go for a walk! Jump in a few puddles! You and your SO can still use the pool. So what if it is raining? You are going to get wet anyway. When it is cooler out, the water feels warmer.
dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:31 AM   #33

I would consider myself so lucky right now to have 70 degrees and cloudy, although I don't much care for the rain. Keeping a close eye on the weather for Labor Day weekend, and right now it's looking better. Still 90 degrees but maybe not as humid. Just learned yesterday about the wildcard tropical system entering the Gulf. Hoping that doesn't turn out to be a significant weather-maker for us.

Anyway, love the positive attitudes about the weather I've seen in this thread. Weather is just an unpredictable aspect of camping that you have to deal with. I prefer not to deal with it during August and Jan/Feb and tend not to go those months.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #34

I leave the September 7 for a three week trip, headed north. I hope to see some cooler weather and rain, my camper needs a bath. I sure wish I could take my 14 month old granddaughter, we would have a blast.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I leave the September 7 for a three week trip, headed north. I hope to see some cooler weather and rain, my camper needs a bath. I sure wish I could take my 14 month old granddaughter, we would have a blast.
Have fun

We are readying for our annual "leaf trip". This year we will -- after a week end of square dancing locally -- go to Lake Itaska in mid Sep and follow the big river down to Greenville MS, sightseeing and wandering all the way.

It will take from mid Sep to Thanxgiving.

Holidays at home with the kids and g-kids.....then south, wandering again, until daughter calls and says the trees are leafing.

Some of our "must stops" on the river.

1. www.earlytindusters.com/ One of the best carshows in the nation
2. Poopy's Pub n' Grub – Food, Bike Night, and Cabins Fish/ribs/chicken and "souvenirs"
3. South Sabula Lake Park - Jackson, IA One of our very favorite campgrounds (but check your height)
4. https://www.lds.org/locations/nauvoo...?lang=eng&_r=1 Although not Mormon, we find a huge chunk of AMERICAN history here.

Virtually any little mom and pop eatery close to the river will have superb catfish......yum !

And the river, itself.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #36

The 5er stays in storage during summer. Spend 8-12 hours on the Atlantic when it is 97 and you will understand why I like cooler quickly.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Oz View Post
Have fun

We are readying for our annual "leaf trip". This year we will -- after a week end of square dancing locally -- go to Lake Itaska in mid Sep and follow the big river down to Greenville MS, sightseeing and wandering all the way.

It will take from mid Sep to Thanxgiving.

Holidays at home with the kids and g-kids.....then south, wandering again, until daughter calls and says the trees are leafing.

Some of our "must stops" on the river.

1. www.earlytindusters.com/ One of the best carshows in the nation
2. Poopy's Pub n' Grub – Food, Bike Night, and Cabins Fish/ribs/chicken and "souvenirs"
3. South Sabula Lake Park - Jackson, IA One of our very favorite campgrounds (but check your height)
4. https://www.lds.org/locations/nauvoo...?lang=eng&_r=1 Although not Mormon, we find a huge chunk of AMERICAN history here.

Virtually any little mom and pop eatery close to the river will have superb catfish......yum !

And the river, itself.

Don't forget Clarksdale, MS, Home of the Blues. I live a couple hours away, and my wife was born and raised there.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 07:54 PM   #38

2016 seSon

Sorry you think your camping season has sucked
We had to cancel ALL our reservations for 2016 due to a broken arm nightmare. That's still not done. 2 surgeries later Only got to camp for Memorial Day weekend. So I am on the other end of your spectrum I wish I could have camped this year
Occasionally go out to friends site to have a fire but it's just not the same. I really miss camping. Rain and all
hyzinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping