Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #41
Call in the morning and see if you can put a hold on it. We wrote a $1000 check so that they couldn't sell it out from under us. They tore up the check when we didn't take it.

rlchall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #42
Enjoy life and get what you want.

We bought a 35' TT toyhauler last April and hope to have the new 5th wheel 40' this April. Here is the bad part, bought a 3/4 ton at same time and now trading in for a one ton dualie. Now that is crazy!!!

Signguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #43
I guess I am the minority. DW have looked several times at 5ers and TTs.. We we love this trailer. Yeah, we could get a lot nicer trailer, but we don't wanna be trailer poor. I looked at a beautiful trailer. OMG it was PERFECT!! Then I saw the price. $74k. Man I love my ole 5er.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
totalled 04-11-16 by storm(picking up new one 10-26-16)
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:42 AM   #44
No I think most people I speak to at camps done the same thing once they realize what they really want or need. I've gone from a 35' tt in July 13 to a 39' 5th a year later and trad3d that in within y months for a 39b12, vengeance toy hauler. Lol. My wife wants to kill me
tazzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Just like with cars, you never, ever want to trade in or sell something and still owe money on it. (I cringe when I hear people who do this...bringing a $30K car loan up to $40k or more.)

We, also, discovered we loved camping a LOT more than we had originally expected and around year #2 started to look at other types to upgrade to. (Everything from Class-A's to 5th wheelers to TTs.)

Finally, at the end of last year, we found the Rockwood at our originally dealer and we only owed $10k on the old TT and he was willing to give us $14K for it AND he discounted the Rockwood to a super-low price for us because he wanted the room for the new models coming in.

Good luck in what you decide!
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #46
Originally Posted by steveh326 View Post
I never see myself owning a motorhome. Would love to have a 5th wheel, but my business needs require the bed of the truck for inventory so for the next few years it's a travel trailer.
In reading one of your posts from another thread, your daily driver is a crew cab dually. A Pullrite 5th wheel hitch with removable rails would allow you to completely remove the hitch from the bed of your truck for your works needs. It might be a chore installing/removing the hitch considering the frequency of your camping but it is an option to consider if a fiver is in your future plans.
Kevin & Janine
2006 Dodge 2500 Megacab CTD 2WD
2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS
Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:52 AM   #47
Thanks everyone for the replies and support. It is sure nice to know we are not the only ones this has ever happened to. We drove yesterday to look at a 2015 Rockwood 8310SS (same as the Flagstaff 831RKBSS). We absolutely love it. Floorplan is nearly identical to the rear kitchen Salem we have now that we love, but it addresses all the minor issues we have with our current unit, and has that awesome bedroom slide and storage.

However... that said, we have decided to wait and search for a gently used one-owner of either of those models. Since this is a fairly new floorplan, very few used units on the market right now. I found 2 in the country, if either of them had had a booth instead of the free standing dinette I would have made the road trip to pick it up. Will wait my time and keep searching. Our current unit works fine we just want to move up to the flagstaff/rockwood at some point but until I find that unit, we will continue to use and enjoy what we have. Thanks again for all the help and therapy !
steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #48
If your crazy, then I am nuts! I traded in just under 1 year and now just under another year I am dreaming of a class C.
2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #49
I think everyone finds out what they want in a camper after buying the first one and using it as you have. Think first time home buyer.

Life is short. If you can make it happen, then do it. Money is very cheap atm. It will not be like this in a very long time.

Enjoy the shopping.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #50
Haha... We've had three (new) campers in three seasons camped. They say buy your third camper the first time... We went the other route. Lol. If you purchased well on your current camper, you might be surprised what you can get for it on a trade. On our two trades combined, we got $3000 less than we paid.. So pretty good. Just don't let them gouge you on the front end of the deal.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is online now   Reply With Quote