Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #11

Never underestimate the value of the business you gave them. If it's info you want, it's info you should get. Call them whenever you feel the need to do so. I would be on the phone everyday if necessary and several times a day if my questions are answered. You may not always get the answers you want, but you will get answers. Go get em.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #12

Greti, have you recd an offline or delivery date yet from RVW? I called last week (my third week since ordering) and they did not have either but said they might have something by tomorrow (22nd).

Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #13

I think my expectation was based on the fact that the "customer service rep" assigned to me said he would keep me posted as things progressed and that I should have an offline date 3 weeks in advance, so that I can prepare to drive to pick it up. Not ever having purchased a new TT, I was not sure what to expect and am certainly anxious about the entire process!

After posting this thread, I called RVW and could not get a hold of my customer service rep..tried several times, went straight to voice mail. Left a voice mail message, still no call back..sent another email, still no response, so I got fed up and complained to my salesguy, who responded right away and apologized. Now, we'll see how the process goes from here, but as a customer, I think that no matter how anxious or inexperienced a buyer is, you should get a timely response- it could have been as simple as "no news yet, sorry!"

So, I finally got an offline date of April 18th today= so that will be just over 8 weeks from the order date.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #14

Glad you finally got a date. How long will it take to get to RVW? Did you schedule your delivery date. I would do this as soon as possible as i hear they do a lot of business and you will want not want to wait behind all the others. Keep us posted. I ordered on the 24th of Feb and told them I needed it before the 22nd. Guess that isn't going to happen. What unit did you order? We ordered the 8312SS.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #15

we ordered ours from a dealership.. we ordered it the last weekend of feb and they said around the 1st week of may... hope they are right!!!!! feels like ten years from now.. lol
Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilt View Post
Glad you finally got a date. How long will it take to get to RVW? Did you schedule your delivery date. I would do this as soon as possible as i hear they do a lot of business and you will want not want to wait behind all the others. Keep us posted. I ordered on the 24th of Feb and told them I needed it before the 22nd. Guess that isn't going to happen. What unit did you order? We ordered the 8312SS.
I may have responded on another thread to this already, but I was told that it can be scheduled/ready for pick as close as 1 day after the offline date.
I am looking to pick mine up Easter weekend-probably Good Friday. I ordered a Mini Lite ETC 185- it is an ultra light (dry weight 2300 lbs), have not run across anyone else that also has an ETC yet.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #17

" I was told that it can be scheduled/ready for pick as close as 1 day after the offline date."
======================================
That seems pretty tight. That wouldn't give them much time to do a PDI.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #18

I picked mine up in July of last year I did have to wait for it to be built. Drove 1000k miles one way to pick it up was worth it. I had good service with them. If you have any problems email David Darnell at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com
His brother and hem own and operate RVW. Good Luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouownbeer View Post
I picked mine up in July of last year I did have to wait for it to be built. Drove 1000k miles one way to pick it up was worth it. I had good service with them. If you have any problems email David Darnell at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com
His brother and hem own and operate RVW. Good Luck.
Good news and bad news. First the good news. I successfully sold my 2010 Keystone Passport TT today on CL. Had ordered the new Rockwood 8312SS on 2/24 so was keeping fingers crossed I would be able to sell such a new TT and not get hammered. Lost about $2,300 but we used the camper all last year and even some that last couple of weeks so I am pretty happy. I sold for more than $3500 over the highest trade I was offered and their new TT was much higher than I could have done without trade so it worked out great.

Bad news. Ordered TT from RVW on 2/24. Was promised 6-7 weeks. Said great need by 4/22 for our already planned spring break trip to Myrtle Beach in the new TT. This gave me 8 weeks in reality. Salesman said we can get it to you in plenty of time. Well just got offline date yesterday of 4/26 (9weeks). So they are trying to see if they can get it in sooner. We'll see. I just may have to call David Durnell if they can't get it in one week or at least 5 days sooner. I can sacrifice a day or two of our trip but not willing to have it cancelled and loose a deposit.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #20

Cecilt, hope that you get it in time for your trip..keep us posted on what they can do for you.