Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #1

Am I expecting too much communication?

For those that ordered their TT from RVW- I ordered mine on February 14th, was given an order number and was told I would be getting regular updates. I emailed my Customer Service Rep on March 9th (3 weeks later) and got no response...again, I emailed him today (1 week later), so now, it's been 4 weeks since the order was put in.( When I purchased it, I was told there would be a turn around time of 7-8 weeks, so it would seem to me that my Rockwood should be ready for pick up within 3-4 weeks. ) However, I still have not gotten a response from my customer rep guy and this is my second email to him.

Am I expecting too much? Since I"ve never ordered a brand new trailer, maybe I am supposed to take a wait and see approach? Why would this guy not at least email me back and say "no news yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we know?" I work and I would like to be able to plan my April schedule to ensure enough time for my 6+ hour drive to pick it up!
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #2

I'm thinking the only call you'll get will be the one you get when your trailer is in and asking to set up an appointment for your demo. Think about it - how many people are buying units, having them prepped for the season, etc.? They are most likely very busy. I know you're excited; it's been only two weeks since our order went in, and I'm climbing the walls! Be patient, and good luck with your new unit!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #3

I also ordered from them but on 2/24. I emailed them last Thursday(2 weeks after order). No response. Called next day. Left message for the scheduling guy and then got an email from Rob that he was hoping to have an off line date this week for me. I will f/u on Thursday(3 weeks from order placement). I was told by some dealers that 3 weeks you should have an offline date so you should have had this last week if not the week before. The majority of the 6-8 weeks is down time. They build these units in a week or less. The other time is sitting there waiting to be built and then delivery. RVW did say they normally get the units themselves when they are customer ordered so once the off line date is given it could be a few days later and your unit is ready for pickup.

Keep us posted on your experience. When I don't get an email reply within 24 hours I just pick up the phone the next time. People hide too much behind email and VM these days.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #4

I feel your pain on this one - this was my first order on a new travel trailer as well and I just got mine wednesday March 9th -
I had to ask for updates but I didnt start asking till about the middle of the 6th week cause I was told it wouldnt be till about 7 or 8 weeks.
I didnt get the Vin # till the day before I was picking up my unit and had to have insurance on it before they would let me take it off the lot.

If he doesnt email you then I would call him and explain to him that this is your first ever order on a trailer and you are not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling that you should from ordering a new camper
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #5

thanks to all for the feedback. It is good to know the variety of experiences others have had and I will try to be patient. I did try to call today, but was told that this person was best reached by email..so kind of got the run around. I figure, if there was something for him to tell me, he would, so obviously, no news yet. But, I was told I would get regular updates and a 3 week leeway (which I need to work around my work schedule, other commitments, etc...) so I figure I should be getting close. But, I'll give it another week and then we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #6

There is a good chance it isn't built yet, so I wouldn't worry if it takes them a few days to get back to you. But they shouldn't ignore you completely. If you don't hear back by Thursday, I would phone and give them an earfull.
We bought ours from Coates RV in Minneapolis, as they gave us just as good a price, and they were extremely good at communication. Most times my emails were answered within the hour. I would recommend them over the "discounters" any day.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #7

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Im not sure who you ordered from at RVW- Our Rep was Preston Rogan. He answered all my questions (e-mail) with-in 48 hours,usually the same day. If I had a question that seemed real important to me, I called RVW directly and asked for Preston. I think..looking back I called him 2-3 times a week. Preston was always polite and got answers for me. I have heard stories from others that not all the sales people at RVW are like Preston. I will tell you based on his timely responses to me, Ill buy another TT from them in a heart beat !! I can only say ,Ask for " Preston Rogan" when you call RVW. Also I didnt get my off-line date untill a 1-1/2 weeks before delivery.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:48 AM   #8

do you think I will get a VIN number any quicker if i ordered it from a dealership? i would like to get the insurance up and running before it comes in... i dont like scrambling around at the last minute for this stuff. we dont even know for certain what our finance rate will be until that vin comes in.. i see a lot of ppl order from RVW, so im not sure how different it will be with a dealer.
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

The VIN is officially yours when the frame goes on the assembly floor.

The dealer (whoever it is) has to CALL to get it then.

The dealer is notified by the manufacturer when it is done, not when it is started. So they will only call if you ask them to.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #10

There are two issues here Greti, one is are you expecting too much in terms of getting a response from a business when you send them and email and the other are your expectations of a timely update.

I expect when I email a business for any reason to get a polite response within 24 hours. I base this expectation on my own performance in my business. It is not unreasonable for any business to respond with something.

Are your expectations based on things you have been told regarding the process in buying the trailer? Or are they what you want or expect and the RVW folks have no idea of them? Unmet and unspoken expectations in life often lead to dissapointments in relationships be they business or marriage. So, if they promised something and they are not delivering, then yes you can be disapointed and no your expectations may not be unreasonable.

We ordered our Roo via the internet with Tropical Rv in Ft. Pierce, Fla. At about 10 days I got a call telling me the process is going quicker than they expected and they had a VIN# by day 3 or 4 of them ordering the Roo to be built. At week 5 we spoke again when they informed me it was finished and needed a week to get it prepped and ready for delivery. Different businesses have different ways of doing things.

I suspect you are excited about getting the tt and going out and using it and maybe this lends to the anticipation and all..

Maybe if you really want answers, call and do not email.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #11

Never underestimate the value of the business you gave them. If it's info you want, it's info you should get. Call them whenever you feel the need to do so. I would be on the phone everyday if necessary and several times a day if my questions are answered. You may not always get the answers you want, but you will get answers. Go get em.
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #12

Greti, have you recd an offline or delivery date yet from RVW? I called last week (my third week since ordering) and they did not have either but said they might have something by tomorrow (22nd).
Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #13

I think my expectation was based on the fact that the "customer service rep" assigned to me said he would keep me posted as things progressed and that I should have an offline date 3 weeks in advance, so that I can prepare to drive to pick it up. Not ever having purchased a new TT, I was not sure what to expect and am certainly anxious about the entire process!

After posting this thread, I called RVW and could not get a hold of my customer service rep..tried several times, went straight to voice mail. Left a voice mail message, still no call back..sent another email, still no response, so I got fed up and complained to my salesguy, who responded right away and apologized. Now, we'll see how the process goes from here, but as a customer, I think that no matter how anxious or inexperienced a buyer is, you should get a timely response- it could have been as simple as "no news yet, sorry!"

So, I finally got an offline date of April 18th today= so that will be just over 8 weeks from the order date.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #14

Glad you finally got a date. How long will it take to get to RVW? Did you schedule your delivery date. I would do this as soon as possible as i hear they do a lot of business and you will want not want to wait behind all the others. Keep us posted. I ordered on the 24th of Feb and told them I needed it before the 22nd. Guess that isn't going to happen. What unit did you order? We ordered the 8312SS.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #15

we ordered ours from a dealership.. we ordered it the last weekend of feb and they said around the 1st week of may... hope they are right!!!!! feels like ten years from now.. lol
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilt View Post
Glad you finally got a date. How long will it take to get to RVW? Did you schedule your delivery date. I would do this as soon as possible as i hear they do a lot of business and you will want not want to wait behind all the others. Keep us posted. I ordered on the 24th of Feb and told them I needed it before the 22nd. Guess that isn't going to happen. What unit did you order? We ordered the 8312SS.
I may have responded on another thread to this already, but I was told that it can be scheduled/ready for pick as close as 1 day after the offline date.
I am looking to pick mine up Easter weekend-probably Good Friday. I ordered a Mini Lite ETC 185- it is an ultra light (dry weight 2300 lbs), have not run across anyone else that also has an ETC yet.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #17

" I was told that it can be scheduled/ready for pick as close as 1 day after the offline date."
======================================
That seems pretty tight. That wouldn't give them much time to do a PDI.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #18

I picked mine up in July of last year I did have to wait for it to be built. Drove 1000k miles one way to pick it up was worth it. I had good service with them. If you have any problems email David Darnell at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com
His brother and hem own and operate RVW. Good Luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouownbeer View Post
I picked mine up in July of last year I did have to wait for it to be built. Drove 1000k miles one way to pick it up was worth it. I had good service with them. If you have any problems email David Darnell at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com
His brother and hem own and operate RVW. Good Luck.
Good news and bad news. First the good news. I successfully sold my 2010 Keystone Passport TT today on CL. Had ordered the new Rockwood 8312SS on 2/24 so was keeping fingers crossed I would be able to sell such a new TT and not get hammered. Lost about $2,300 but we used the camper all last year and even some that last couple of weeks so I am pretty happy. I sold for more than $3500 over the highest trade I was offered and their new TT was much higher than I could have done without trade so it worked out great.

Bad news. Ordered TT from RVW on 2/24. Was promised 6-7 weeks. Said great need by 4/22 for our already planned spring break trip to Myrtle Beach in the new TT. This gave me 8 weeks in reality. Salesman said we can get it to you in plenty of time. Well just got offline date yesterday of 4/26 (9weeks). So they are trying to see if they can get it in sooner. We'll see. I just may have to call David Durnell if they can't get it in one week or at least 5 days sooner. I can sacrifice a day or two of our trip but not willing to have it cancelled and loose a deposit.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #20

Cecilt, hope that you get it in time for your trip..keep us posted on what they can do for you.