Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #21

"Well just got offline date yesterday of 4/26 (9weeks). So they are trying to see if they can get it in sooner. We'll see. I just may have to call David Durnell if they can't get it in one week or at least 5 days sooner. I can sacrifice a day or two of our trip but not willing to have it cancelled and loose a deposit."
===============================================
To be painfully honest, I am not sure why you think they should bump other peoples' orders. Maybe you should not have booked a vacation that close to delivery? It doesn't matter what the salesman told you, almost anyone on this forum could have told you 6-7 weeks for delivery was very optomistic. This is peak season for them.
But, having said that, I hope it works out.
Good luck.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #22

uh oh we just ordered a 33L today from a local dealer and he said when he called the order in she told him it would go on line April 27 and we should have it the next week. He said 4 weeks also now this is the first time we have ordered like this so guess we have a much longer wait than we were told. So disappointing though.
00' F350 XLT LA West Custom DRW 7.3 PSD
Granted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #23
Wanna Be Camper

We ordered our new V-lite the 26th of Mar last year and got it the 2nd week of July.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Twenty units a day !

When we picked up our 5ver on January 27th, there was also four others being picked up the same day. It was 21 degrees with 5-7 inches of snow on the ground at Lake View,Ohio. I was surprised at a statement that was made to me when I made the comment of delivery of five units in one day in the middle of winter with 5-7 " of snow on the ground. Oh that is nothing, by April we will be sending out TWENTY UNITS A DAY. This was hard to believe at the time. But after reading all the comments, other forums about RVWholesalers, the small place in the middle of no-where. I can now believe the statement is true.

So be patient, Forest River, Rockwood, Flagstaff produces a lot of RVs.
Your baby will eventually get a vin # and a delivery date as time passes.
In the meantime read all you can about mods, personal improvements that you would like to do once you receive your RV. I personally spent my time
reading the do's & don't, ordering all the accessories after carefully studying which is better, such as water hose, sewer hose, X-chocks, A/C
thermostats (digital), tires, battery cut off switch, shower heads, TV antenna coax & ant add-on, better place to stow the sewer hose that to rust up the rear bumper inside.

So in the mean time, take it from a person that was on pins and needles back in Jan, relax and read all you can and most of all.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #25
traveler

Glad to hear I'm not the only expectant sitting in pins and needles. It's driving me nuts. Daisy said it well ,read and read more there is so much info out there. I am waiting for my Signature 8315 BSS. I figured out that BSS stands for Better Sit Still.
If I ordered through a dealer would I have the same luck getting my dates. Where are you all calling for that information or emailing.
Good luck everyone

"We travel initially to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more."
Pico Iyer
reinreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #26

We ordered a Sunseeker 2300 March 5th and were told to expect delivery the weekend of April 23rd. In the meantime I've sold our old trailer, having 4 trees removed from the yard to design a parking spot at home, jointed 2 RV forums, ordered the Camping World catalog. and planned trips to Outer Banks, Moosehead Lake, Moosalamoo in Vermont, and a loop in the fall through Natasquan Quebec and over to Gaspe. If it doesn't arrive on time I'll start planning 2012.
THarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #27
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Im not sure who you ordered from at RVW- Our Rep was Preston Rogan. He answered all my questions (e-mail) with-in 48 hours,usually the same day. If I had a question that seemed real important to me, I called RVW directly and asked for Preston. I think..looking back I called him 2-3 times a week. Preston was always polite and got answers for me. I have heard stories from others that not all the sales people at RVW are like Preston. I will tell you based on his timely responses to me, Ill buy another TT from them in a heart beat !! I can only say ,Ask for " Preston Rogan" when you call RVW. Also I didnt get my off-line date untill a 1-1/2 weeks before delivery.
Wow Preston!!! I'm surprised he had time to deal with you 'cuz he was always busy calling our house
He is definetely a go getter!!!!
We didn't order from them, but did contact RVW last year about a different trailer and Preston has been calling us ever since. LOL
We are never home when he calls so I havent been able to tell him we have already ordered a trailer.
Good to hear you are happy with him!!
On another note, our salesguy has told me he is constantly in contact with his sales-rep from FR, calls him 15 times a day; so they are used to people calling asking for delivery dates. What else do we have to do anyways?
I'm just bummed that our trailer will come right through Windsor on it's way to the dealership in Toronto
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #28

cant they just make a quick detour and drop it off at your house on the way??? heheh
gear ratio
momtovn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #29

Until I pick up my TT, I am reading and surfing the web about all things for the RV, such as RV insurance, RV extended service plans, RV accessories, reading up on all the information on this forum. I have also ordered and am reviewing DVD's on how to operate the trailer, taking notes, making lists, going through all the things that will go in the TT! LOL I think my family is ready for me to get off this laptop Either way, I am getting closer to 4/22 every day !
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #30

ohhh gosh greti, same here ( about the laptop- they make fun of me all the time) did you find any good videos that shows how all the hookups and such work?? havent found one yet!! im obsessed, i think... everything i say ends up having to do with camping!!! LOL!!!
gear ratio
Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #31
(Kim)

Aha you guys too =]
Our laptop is in the kitchen so everytime my daughter sees me on here, she will come over and look...then make the announcement , "Yup, trailer stuff again..."
Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #32
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtovn View Post
cant they just make a quick detour and drop it off at your house on the way??? heheh
I wish
Old 03-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #33

i think we have the same daughter!!! AHHAHAH!!!!!!
gear ratio
Old 03-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #34
(Kim)

LOL is yours 9 too??
Old 03-31-2011, 06:04 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtovn View Post
ohhh gosh greti, same here ( about the laptop- they make fun of me all the time) did you find any good videos that shows how all the hookups and such work?? havent found one yet!! im obsessed, i think... everything i say ends up having to do with camping!!! LOL!!!

I ordered the RV Education 101 DVDs. First one I got was the Travel Trailer/Fifth Wheel set with 4 DVD's in it- Travel Trailer 101; Trailer Towing and Weights, Hitchwork and Backing; Winterizing and Storing your RV; and Marks Recommended RV Essentials. I have a few more I want to get, but this is a good start.
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #36
(Kim)

Ok. Jim (the sales guy) said that it should be there in a week or so. He is trying to move up our demo and pick-up date for us =]
It is scheduled for May 14 but I hope someone trades dates with me.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #37

oooo may 14th, yikes, i hope it comes sooner!!
gear ratio
Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #38
(Kim)

LOL, no our demo date is booked for May 14. I picked that day because it was a Saturday, and if I had to maybe trade dates with someone, Saturdays are always popular It will be in way sooner than that (so Jim says) ;p
Plus, I have our first trip planned for that long weekend (May 20-23), giving me like 6 days to learn EVERYTHING xD (which is why I want an earlier date )
Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #39
traveler

Where do you find DVDs on TT operations and systems

"We travel initially to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more."
Pico Iyer
reinreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #40

ooo kim, i hope you can get an earlier date.. did they say what date it will actually be at the dealers?? i have been carrying around my cell phone in my back pocket while im at work.."just in case" they call me... i dont want to miss it!! i rather get fired for having my phone then miss the call!! LOL
gear ratio