Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

American Flag

I have just tried to post a question on why today I couldn't find our American Flag flying anymore? I'm a disabled vet and very proud of my service and wanted to add my flag it was not there under MORE. I find that insulting to me and all veterans. Why can't that icon stay up. all I could find was a stationary flag and the same Canadian flag as it always is. The thread was closed and I couldn't ask the question. The American Flag should always be on top as a choice. Please IT people make sure it is there for us Veterans to use. Funny not to blast our Canadian Friends but there's is always in the same place. Please explain this to me being I'm a 100% disabled Veteran but can't post my true "OLD GLORY" Thanks for looking into this for me... THis is the flag I want which has now moved to the second column some time today. Why not take off one of those smiles and keep it posted there next to our post on the right? It would be alot easier on us Veterans that want to show our pride and service to the USA. Thanks for letting me vent but this is the USA and I'm proud to post that at the end of my answers to someone. ..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #2

I'm just new here but I totally agree with you!
Goodyear Endurance Tires
Dr-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:14 PM   #3

Thanks Glenn,I am glad that someone else posted the same Issue of Floating Flags! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
Site Team

There are 4 U.S. flags to post all found rather quickly

You can even edit your sigline to add the flag of choice so its always there

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post

Exactly, as was posted in another thread earlier today. The flags are there, and unless somebody can post a pic/screenshot showing the waving flag to be either moving or deleted from the smilie list, we are at a loss. We have yet been able to replicate this.

I'm not sure how you are stating it is not there for you, Glenn, but yet you are posting it.

The only thing I might can venture a guess at, is if you are on a slow internet connection, the gif itself may not be moving due to bandwidth lag, but it is still there.

Always check to see if it is under the "thread hijacked" smilie like below in the screenshot. Even if the flag is not moving, it should still be there.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:42 PM   #6
Site Team

As also explained in the other thread today, if you think you are having difficulties finding the right smilie, you can probably save a lot of time by just memorizing the code for whichever smilie you want. and type it in your posts. It's just way too simple.

Here is a list of all the smilies and what to type.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=showsmilies

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:55 AM   #7

Quote:

The only flag I found I think yesterday was the solid one, my request is simple, please add it to the auto ones to the right, that shouldn't be a big problem for IT people to do and would be displayed always and maybe more people would use it. Thanks for your consideration.
Glenn Jurczyk
Disabled Veteran
US Army and Proud of it

Old 02-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #8

To WMTire,I have NO idea how I can post a Moving Flag if it is NOT in the Location? Here it is in Easy reading, I open a book to page #1 and there is the Waving Flag-. Now a few hours/days later I open the book to page # 1 and NO flag. I can go to page # 2 and WaLa,here is the Flag! But on this Page I am Typing on all the Smilies Stay in the Same Place! They do NOT move! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #9

Quote:

It seems I can't add the flag to my signature line, I keep getting a message about the admin. has to do it. I have now tried maybe you folks can help me out....Thanks. I also think it is a waist of my time to type in the code when it can be added instead or replace one smile. How many faces have we really seen compared to our American Flag at the end of a post. Very few IMO. Thanks for your help guy's don't mean to be a PITA...

Old 02-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #10

First off Thank You for your service. My DH is retired Army and I have worked for the Army for over 26 years. So, I have had The American Flag as part of my signature block since day one

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It seems I can't add the flag to my signature line, I keep getting a message about the admin. has to do it. I have now tried maybe you folks can help me out....Thanks. I also think it is a waist of my time to type in the code when it can be added instead or replace one smile. How many faces have we really seen compared to our American Flag at the end of a post. Very few IMO. Thanks for your help guy's don't mean to be a PITA...
When I went to add it to mine just now I got a "you can only have 6 lines" warning. I deleted one line and now it loads....

You have 5 lines but could your Map be taking up more than 1 line in the "IT world"?
Maybe? Good luck!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
When I went to add it to mine just now I got a "you can only have 6 lines" warning. I deleted one line and now it loads....

You have 5 lines but could your Map be taking up more than 1 line in the "IT world"?
Maybe? Good luck!
You can also only have one image. It would have to be the flag (or in Glenns case the states visited map) only in the sig line.

Yours and LittlePM correctly only have the one image (flag)