Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons02035 View Post
I know, I know, HOA RV parking questions are everywhere but I have an issue that's a little different.

Before I signed on the dotted line to build my house I did in fact read the docs and I was okay with them and I did ask a follow up question.

My HOA does allow for the temporary parking of an RV for actively cleaning/loading/unloading. It specifies that it has to be parked in a parking area. Parking area is not defined but there are no "parking areas" in my community other than your driveway.

My driveway is 32 feet long but my RV is 37 feet long.

Well, there is also an issue with street parking in my HOA. I am on board with not allowing street parking on a regular basis. My HOA actually allows for street parking if the offstreet parking is being fully utilized, there is an 8 hour limit on this.

I received a "friendly reminder" that parking on the street is not permitted.

My stance is that I am following the spirit of the rule allowing for the cleaning/loading/unloading. My driveway will not hold my RV so I street park.

So now because I bought a 37 foot RV instead of a 32 foot RV I cannot bring my RV into the HOA. Before building my house I did ask about the fact that my travel trailer I owned at that time would not fit and that I would have to park out front. I was told that's fine so long as actively cleaning/unloading/loading. Unfortunately, I did not get that in writing.

Any input on how to handle this? Anyone here currently on an HOA board or formally on one? I would like to get the rule changed to allow for street parking if your vehicle/trailer is too large and to create a 48 hour per calendar month time allotment.
Request an "exemption" to the HOA Covenants, as it relates to this RV issue.
l001952119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:39 PM   #22
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Wow!! Guess I won't move there....To many BIG bugs anyway..so I've been told.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #23
Tinkerer and Putterer

I would consider backing in and posting a pick with your front end in the road. Send it with another letter explaining that you are trying to comply with the rules but even parking in the driveway puts the rig in the road. IYO parking on the road itself is safer and then request that exemption. Good HOAs will often work with you if you clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing. Of course pull back into the street for safety reasons after you get the pic
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #24
Left Coast

Got'a go where the job / family are. To bad people have to try and impose their lifestyle on every one else. Just tell'em their mommy vans distract from my BMW parked in the (what it will be) over sized closet..
Old 03-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ok guys let's try to keep this on topic and to helpful posts, not your views on whether or not you would live with an HOA.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #26
Left Coast

Sorry.....We have one here also.