Old 05-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #11

I have them as well. I hope I don't have this issue. Interested to see what Anderson does.

flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #12

I wouldn't think using them on the board would contribute to this happening at all,...... on the board is no different that on a cement or paved parking pad that is out of level enough that you need a little lift,...... and there's no warning against using the Andersen Leveler on those surfaces, ...its a great product, freak things just happen sometimes......

.......I just remembered, twice I've seen where people have wedged the red chock piece under the front/large end, instead of the back/small end, ...... they then used a regular yellow chock on the small end,..... I guess wedging/driving the chock under the large end could possibly cause it to break like that

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #13

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462644559500.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	107150

Another pic, our camper is a Sierra 380bh5 (129xxlbs), I use the bridge plank since I need more lift on that side and if I use just the levelers they sink in. I'm sure they'll take care of it as these aren't even 1yr old. Buy it was sitting on as solid surface as could be, must've just had a weak point as it was static when I heard I break.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #14
USN Desert Storm Vet

Send a message via Skype™ to bfhammer
I've read a number of reviews and Andersen says occasionally there is a air bubble which can cause the breakage and the replace them for free if they break.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #15

It appears to be a tension type crack (vs a compression crack...ie..concrete without rebars is stronger in compression than in tension).

While there might have been a manufacturing defect, was the Anderson level ever used upside down? In normal use, the arcs of the level on almost all surfaces, hard or soft, would keep the level under compression as the tire ramps on and off the level.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johng4706 View Post
It appears to be a tension type crack (vs a compression crack...ie..concrete without rebars is stronger in compression than in tension).

While there might have been a manufacturing defect, was the Anderson level ever used upside down? In normal use, the arcs of the level on almost all surfaces, hard or soft, would keep the level under compression as the tire ramps on and off the level.
I understand your just trying to figure out why it broke, but I'm a little sharper than trying to use it upside down.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #17

I just ordered a pair of these, in my research I came across several who said that they broke them. Andersen customer service took care of them all. That is they replaced them free of charge. Just send them an email or call them I am sure they will take care of you as well. Good luck, John
Old 05-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardbucket107 View Post
I understand your just trying to figure out why it broke, but I'm a little sharper than trying to use it upside down.

I'm not suggesting you're not sharp, just asking a question. Mine kept slipping on wet grass. I'm NOT suggesting using them upside down, but the pointed ends would tend to stick in the ground but not recommended. I eventually put some 3m stair thread strips on the bottoms to reduce the slipping.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:33 AM   #19
Fulltime family RVer

I've heard of some of them breaking for units over 12,000 lbs.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #20

I have had two of the levelers break at my houde on my driveway. I did not know they had a warranty. I will contact Andersen.