Another (Major) Problem Free Vacation!
We took our 7 year old Surveyor and 10 year old truck on another 11 day summer vacation with minor issues. From FL to Boone, NC.
1. Poor rough roads in SC resulted in the "P" trap under the kitchen sink coming loose and causing a minor leak. Found, cleaned up, and fixed on our first overnight stop.
2. Day two we lost a trailer wheel cover/ABS chrome insert ring. I noticed it was cracked when I pulled it to lube the axles before we left. Not suprised it came off with the SC roads the way they are.
3. Insulated cooler bag in the back of the truck leaked, soaking the rear carpet and pad. Ugh, had to pull it all out and let it dry good when we got home. No damage, all back together now.
4. Front power jack stopped working on the trip back. After a bit of fooling around, figured out the wire to the battery had a break in it. Some cutting and electrical tape and it was working again. I still need to replace the wire.
5. The rear air in the truck stopped working. It would work/not work, then quit. I think it's a relay with the fan that is an issue. When it worked it would cool fine, looks to be a fan issue. Have to get it to the shop for a look see.
Truck has 155,00 miles (about 40K of which are towing miles). 5.3L V8. We got between 7-9 MPG, depending on the wind and mountains. About average for us.
So, all in all most issues were minor and easy to deal with. Had a GREAT vacation. Since we live in FL, I love it when I can go to the mountains for a week and not run the A/C in the trailer. Slept with the windows open and listened to the stream next to our site at Honey Bear Campground.
Chuck Roder & Family
'07 Surveyor SV-235RS & '03 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT LT V8
High Springs, FL.