Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #1

Another sucessful camping trip...kind of!

Well that was an interesting weekend. Everything started off great with a smooth tow and setup on Friday evening. Saturday weather was great and a nice night by the fire.

Woke up Sunday to steady rain. Ick, but my son and I made a road trip to see the sights. Got back and ate dinner and the news listed us in a tornado watch then just a few minutes later listed the county next to us as a warning. We decided to just go ahead and pack up and leave. It was funny to see half the state park packing up and leaving! We had that sucker packed up and pulled out of the spot in 1/2 hour. Could not have done that with a tent or popup!

On the plus side I work last week to shut that stupid water pump up. I installed flexible tubing and mounted the pump on padding and it sounded louder then before! Son and I worked on wrapping tubes in pipe insulation. It turned out that every place they drilled a hole to pass through on compartment to the next the pipe rubbed against the thing plywood and turned the whole panel into an amplifier. We wrapped every pipe we could reach and it almost completely removed the noise. You can barely hear it on the inside and not at all on the outside. I had resolved to buy a expensive 5 chamber pump and accumulator for around $200. But now I won't have to spend the money! Yeah for me?

On Monday we had a chance to do some work on the camper in addition to the pipes. Installed some new lights, replaced a couple of lights with LEDs, installed a couple of thermometers for the frig and freezer. The new lights are in the pantry cabinets. They are really deep and it is like looking into a cave. Now we can see!

Camper is back, safe and sound, in storage. We are left waiting until the next adventure.

Bianchina3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:18 PM   #2

But wait there is more...on the drive home,in a driving rain, I look back and one of the emergency windows is flopping in the breeze. Had pullover, jump out and clamp it back down! Now that is what RVing is all about!

Bianchina3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping