Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #21

I tried everything told on the internet for a 6 weeks and more ant then ever.
So I call the exterminator and $400. later and 10 more days and no more ant.
Jonol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogden View Post
DW has always sworn by Borac Acid. Spread it around and they take it back to the nest. It softens there shells and they die. I would not use it if you have pets or children crawling around the floor. I must admit that I was a skeptic but she proved to me that it does work so now I am a believer
It stops ants cockroaches better than anything we have ever used. It is nearly completely harmless to human beings and pets and is not considered to be a human carcinogen period in fact comma in solution with water it can be used as a topical antiseptic Hunt's small cuts and scratches. Yeah boric acid.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogden View Post
DW has always sworn by Borac Acid. Spread it around and they take it back to the nest. It softens there shells and they die. I would not use it if you have pets or children crawling around the floor. I must admit that I was a skeptic but she proved to me that it does work so now I am a believer
Terro's main pesticide is Borax which is a salt of boric acid. It has always worked for me for everything from small sugar ants up to red and black carpenter ants.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #24

I use "Home Defense" from Wal Mart/HD/Lowes and I spray all around the 5er---jacks/tires/etc...Lasts for days....Ants will not cross line!!! Kills red fire ants in Fl also.....I use a lg jug for our three months stay..If you are at a CG for any time you can buy granular poison and spread it liberly on ground around your RV.....j
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:48 PM   #25

The queen was on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger60 View Post
I posted a couple months ago about an ant problem that we had in a TT. We had found large areas of chewed up Styrofoam insulation under the bathroom cabinet, under the bathtub and in the back storage compartment next to the bathroom. We cleaned it all up, put about 6 Terro Liquid Ant Baits inside the camper and used Terro granuals all over the ground around the camper and underneath it. Took it out 2 weeks later and saw just a couple ants inside. Fast forward another 2 weeks, which was this week. We left for camping Monday and just got back today. From the first day through the third day we were at the campgrounds, we were killing ants almost constantly. We checked the areas where there was chewed up insulation before and there was only a tiny amount, which could have been some left behind from the previous clean up. Some of the ant baits were empty, a couple had a little bit still in them. By the third day, we decided to find a Wal-Mart to go get more bait. Put 6 more in there. By the time we left to come home today, there were just a few that we had seen and they were only in the bathtub. Ok, now my questions...why would there be more of them AFTER treating than before treating? We found so many of them in the bathtub. Every 30 minutes of so, we would find more of them in there. Why would they be going into the bathtub and is it possible for them to be coming up through the drain from the greywater tank? This morning when I got up, there were 2 of them in the tub but these 2 had wings. Can anyone please help?
If things were chewed up then it is likely that colony had moved into your RV. Your initial treatment did not kill the eggs which is why you had a second infestation Barrier methods only work when the colony is outside the barrier.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #26

Home Defense from your local lumber dealer or a mixture of borax (drugstore) and icing sugar
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote