Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
troyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Central, MO
Posts: 259
Any luck getting a response from FR Inc?

I just sent a comment/question to FR about a recurring problem? I've been very please with my TT for two years, but have a problem as noted below. Has anyone gotten a response to a question submitted on their website?

Comment sent to FR
____________

Greetings,
I have been having problems with my fresh water tank running out of water, but the monitors say thereís at least 1/3 remaining. I know thereís still water in the tank but the pump will not pick it up. Is there a way you can provide a drawing or tell me where the fresh water hose is connected to the tank? At least I can try to level the camper to allow for the water to pick up. I guess if you canít provide any information, I can pull the belly cover off the underneath, but trying to avoid the extra work just to find out what Iím asking above. Ultimately I would like to install a larger fresh water tank, but not sure if thatís feasible. I would be willing to pay shipping on any construction drawing you have on my model travel trailer.

Thank you in advance,
Troy
_______________

I understand to meters are not very accurate but frustrating when I know there's water in the tank and the pump is sucking air.
__________________

__________________

2006 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 5.9L Cummins 4X4 200k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (?)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Got mtn bike?
 
ddavis662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: N. Austin Texas
Posts: 147
Good luck!!
I've heard nothing back from FR about the design flaw on my Rockwood 2904SS.
__________________

ddavis662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
amxpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 683
Do you send it to Forest River, or the manufacturer of your trailer?
I have always received a reply from Sabre and Columbus when I sent them an email. Either with a question, comment, or complaint.
I figured if I send something to Forest River it would be lost in the black hole being that they're so large.
__________________
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Engineer of Crazy Train
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 1,559
My water tank sump is located about 1/3 the way up the tank. I am moving mine to the drain. Some people talk about sentiment, but if you're always sucking off the bottom, there is no sentiment. Let me see if I can dig up the thread on this....

Here it is
Fresh water tank - can't use all water
__________________
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,265
you won't have any luck sending something like that to Corporate.
you need to find out who the rep is for your brand of trailer and send that person an email.
i had more luck with the Rockwood Roo rep, by sending emails, instead of leaving voice mails.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis662 View Post
Good luck!!
I've heard nothing back from FR about the design flaw on my Rockwood 2904SS.
ddavis662, I don't know whom you contacted, but please send a note to Stephanie Richardson at srichardson@forestriverinc.com.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyt View Post
I just sent a comment/question to FR about a recurring problem? I've been very please with my TT for two years, but have a problem as noted below. Has anyone gotten a response to a question submitted on their website?

Comment sent to FR
____________

Greetings,
I have been having problems with my fresh water tank running out of water, but the monitors say thereís at least 1/3 remaining. I know thereís still water in the tank but the pump will not pick it up. Is there a way you can provide a drawing or tell me where the fresh water hose is connected to the tank? At least I can try to level the camper to allow for the water to pick up. I guess if you canít provide any information, I can pull the belly cover off the underneath, but trying to avoid the extra work just to find out what Iím asking above. Ultimately I would like to install a larger fresh water tank, but not sure if thatís feasible. I would be willing to pay shipping on any construction drawing you have on my model travel trailer.

Thank you in advance,
Troy
_______________

I understand to meters are not very accurate but frustrating when I know there's water in the tank and the pump is sucking air.
Troy, what brand is your TT? It will also help if you can provide the last 7 digits of the VIN.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
troyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Central, MO
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
My water tank sump is located about 1/3 the way up the tank. I am moving mine to the drain. Some people talk about sentiment, but if you're always sucking off the bottom, there is no sentiment. Let me see if I can dig up the thread on this....

Here it is
Fresh water tank - can't use all water
Thanks for the thread link. I should have checked FRF first.
__________________

2006 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 5.9L Cummins 4X4 200k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (?)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
troyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Central, MO
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.r.o.g. View Post
troy, what brand is your tt? It will also help if you can provide the last 7 digits of the vin.

Flagstaff 831QBSS
VIN: will be sent in email.

THANKS!!!
__________________

2006 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 5.9L Cummins 4X4 200k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (?)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyt View Post
Flagstaff 831QBSS
VIN: will be sent in email.

THANKS!!!
Troy, now that I know it's a Flagstaff, would you please copy and paste your original post into an e-mail, along with the make/model/last 7 digits of VIN, to Stephanie Richardson at srichardson@forestriverinc.com?

Be sure to include your contact info, either e-mail or phone number or both, and I suspect that she'll have someone contact you this week.
__________________

__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.