Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Any TCA Train Collectors Camping @ YORK?

Two weeks from today I'll venture out to the TCA Semi-Annual YORK PA Train Meet. Are there any other members attending the show and camping at the Fairgrounds?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #2

Were heading to Buttonwood campground in Mexico, Pa that weekend on our first outing. only live 30 min. from york fairgrounds then heading to Ocean City for springfest on May 7 thru 10
cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #3

I live in Jax,Fl. and collect H.O. stuff. I have probably 20 locomotives- about 10 of those are DCC, and ONE of these days I'm gonna build that special layout in my garage upstairs. I have lots of buildings, track, and switches also. I have mostly ACL and SEABOARD stuff, also N&W. Lots of passenger cars and freight, as well. I just need to get up and start it. The only thing I'm weary about is the electrical controlling part of the layout. I can basically make the layout 25 feetx20 feet, so I need lots of power.
Wish I knew more on DCC!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
I live in Jax,Fl. and collect H.O. stuff. I have probably 20 locomotives- about 10 of those are DCC, and ONE of these days I'm gonna build that special layout in my garage upstairs. I have lots of buildings, track, and switches also. I have mostly ACL and SEABOARD stuff, also N&W. Lots of passenger cars and freight, as well. I just need to get up and start it. The only thing I'm weary about is the electrical controlling part of the layout. I can basically make the layout 25 feetx20 feet, so I need lots of power.
Wish I knew more on DCC!! Randy
I know what you're talking about, getting started. I tore apart a 26ft x 20ft "L" shaped 5 level "O"-gauge layout, mostly Lionel. I'm planning on building a new layout this year, although I planned to do it last year but finding the time to do it is another story. As for DCC, I'm not too up on that, I use Lionel's Trainmaster Control System and upgraded to the Legacy format but it's still in the box. I bet Kalmbach Publishing has a book on DCC and Mike's Train House has a DCC System for his line of trains. Good luck getting that layout started soon.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #5

I have HO's as well. I have some that have never been on the track and still in the box. At Christmas while setting up for the holidays I came across a rail road car that still had the price tag on it.....$.67 it was a tyco. I have a Lionel set, the engine is red and it automaticlly go's in reveres after it stops and starts up again, I had the value check and it was worth $50.00 in 1979. I have talked about the same thing setting up a lay out, but just never had the time. I find myself in the department stores in the toy department looking for train sets. Something else I came across while in Disney World and want it but just can't seem to pull $ 50.00 out of my pocket is a Monorail system that sells in Disney World, It's battery operated....We never grow up, isn't it funny
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I have HO's as well. I have some that have never been on the track and still in the box. At Christmas while setting up for the holidays I came across a rail road car that still had the price tag on it.....$.67 it was a tyco. I have a Lionel set, the engine is red and it automaticlly go's in reveres after it stops and starts up again, I had the value check and it was worth $50.00 in 1979. I have talked about the same thing setting up a lay out, but just never had the time. I find myself in the department stores in the toy department looking for train sets. Something else I came across while in Disney World and want it but just can't seem to pull $ 50.00 out of my pocket is a Monorail system that sells in Disney World, It's battery operated....We never grow up, isn't it funny
It's funny you happen to mention the Monorail. I just watched a DVD about the former owner of Lionel Trains, Richard Kughn. His wife bought that Monorail for him and his layout builder had to find a place on his layout to fit it in. As for growing up, I may try it some time but I'm still having too much fun.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR