Old 12-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
The Old Man
I had some people do the same thing. In my case it was no prank. One of the tires (fortunately it turned out to be on the left side where someone could see) had lost a significant piece off the sidewall. I couldn't feel a thing so was lucky to have had someone point it out!

2010 Flagstaff 829RGSS

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #12
Check your escape window. I had two different vehicles gesturing, but when I stopped, couldn't see any thing wrong. When I stopped for gas about 20 miles later, could see that my bedroom window was gone. Apparently the window would open when driving, but close when stopped. Wayne

wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
i can tell you that i seen a big 5th wheel going down the road and the rubber roof had a big air bubble by the AC unit and i wanted to say something but i thought they would think i was crazy so i did not, but you may want to check the roof, i know i did as soon as i had the chance

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
Well, Ive been home for a couple of days now. I've checked everything people have suggested on this forum. Tires, wheels, wheel bearings, all the lights, chains, hitch, windows, walls, propane tank cover, crawled under the trailer, no leaks, climbed on top of the trailer, checked the roof, vents, sky lights, air conditioner. Found absolutely nothing wrong with anything.

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. I guess somebody thought it would be funny to do that, or whatever they saw somehow corrected itself.

Anyway, my next plan is to purchase an Emergency Road Services Plan just for my peace of mind. I had all kinds of visions of the kind of things that could go wrong out on the highway.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:06 AM   #15
I have one other suggestion for peace of mind. The next time you head out with the camper, have a friend/family member follow you and then pass you and look for any problems. Some problems only show up while moving.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
Sounds like they were pranking you, I did let someone know their vent was cranked up one time at a stop light. I would be worried the whole time home also.
2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #17
Hello. It happen to me back in 1992 when I was driving my 1979 Dodge Trophy from Fairbanks Alaska to NC. While driving through Canada Dec 92 I had 3 flat tires. All seem fine and then people starting waving me to pull over which I did, but could not fine anything wrong. I drove all the way home with my wife and four girls and our little poodle. I took my cls C motor home to the tire shop and ask them to check my RV. The guy came to me and said I want to show you something and boy was I surprise, the back left rear tires were not locked correctly and was just a wabbling and could not tell while driving what was wrong. We were sure blessed that nothing went wrong. Have a great day. Mick and Marsha
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
probably just a prank , but better safe then sorry

SALTY is offline   Reply With Quote