Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #1

Anyone do business with RV-Wholesalers?????

Hello everyone, brand new to the site and somewhere in the near future plan on buying a Wildcat 25RL 5th wheel. I found RV-Wholesalers located in Lakeville, Ohio with some very nice pricing on Wildcats.
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has done business with them and if so was it a good experience. The prices for either buying one off the lot or building one to my specs is thousands cheaper than the dealers here in Sacramento. Even factoring in travel to pick it up in Ohio and returning its still cheaper.

Thanks in advance
Bill
2008 GMC Duramax
1992 Prowler T.T.
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
Site Team

many, many people have bought from RVW. nearly all are pleased with their purchase. their prices are as they state with no hidden fees.
we live in NorCal also. we were going to buy our Roo from RVW. 3 dealers in the area were over $4000 more than RVW.
we ended up finding a dealer in Chicago that was slightly cheaper and also closer.
we did as you said. we drove to Chicago and brought it back. we still saved $3500, even with the costs of the trip.
we would have driven to RVW and had even done some talking with their salespeople about a possible purchase. they will meet you halfway to save some of the shipping costs. we had talked to them about meeting in Rawlins, Wyoming.

with Forest River's help, we were able to find local dealers that were willing to do the warranty work.

i've never heard of any West Coast dealers willing to match or even come close to RVW's prices. i think they feel most people won't drive that far to save money. people in the Midwest can get their local dealers to match, though.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #3

Bikendan, thanks for getting back with me with the information on RV-Wholesalers out of Lakeview, Ohio. I am glad you found your rig a little closer, guess it saved you a days drive further east.

I figure that someone will chime in that either has bought from RV-Wholesalers or knows someone that did, and are willing to share there experience..

Thanks again,
Bill S.
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #4

Bought our first camper from RVW (2008 25 RS Roo) great people, great service. Now we have an 09 Wildcat 32 QBBS. Would recommend RVW to anyone. However we bought it from Jeff Couch RV in Hamilton Ohio. Got treated just as well there.
CUMMINSDZLPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

We purchased from RVW in Nov 2007...This link takes you to a thread discussing the process with RVW. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...?t=1199&page=2 We'd buy from them again if they carried the brand we're interested in. You can certainly use their price (and other wholesalers prices) to bargain with local dealers. The issue that you have to wrestle with is savings vs potential hassles resolving problems that may come along. For minor type repairs, it's not really an issue. For major problems such as appliances, delamination, etc. you'd want to be located close to 'good' dealer that would go the bat for you with the manufacturer.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #6

No response on a warranty claim with RVW

We purchased our Roo from RVW and as all have stated the pricing is great, but it appears the customer service claims are somewhat of a disappointment....

We are currently having problems (RVW won't respond to a warranty claim), and have tried multiple times to get a response from the RVW warranty team (even the owners), with no success.

As mentioned earlier, if you import your RV, make sure you have a good local source to handle warranty claims, as it appears to us the warranty policy that was communicated is subjective.
CE2JD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #7

CE2JD2, What are you needing repaired? If it is an appliance or other than the coach, you need to find a repair shop that does warrentee and they should help you. I had a furnace issue and RVW told me how to get that done through suburban furnace co. I didn't have to because the repair shop deals with forest river and suburban, and took care of the warrentee for me. Hope that helps. Jiffy
jiffy1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #8

Simple warranty work needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy1947 View Post
CE2JD2, What are you needing repaired? If it is an appliance or other than the coach, you need to find a repair shop that does warrentee and they should help you. I had a furnace issue and RVW told me how to get that done through suburban furnace co. I didn't have to because the repair shop deals with forest river and suburban, and took care of the warrentee for me. Hope that helps. Jiffy
I guess it is not that easy, even though all the literature and website claim that it is.....all that I needed is an axle end cap, grease nipple and bearing repack (somehow it all blew apart). RVW told me to go ahead with the work, send an estimate and they would process the claim to Forest River (their actual literature states that they will broker all of this and find the warranty dealer, we are in Canada, it did not happen this way)....6 weeks later and multiple communication attempts and nothing as of yet.

We found a local shop to do the work and replace the damaged items and repack the bearings. RVW policy is very clear that they would broker all of this in case of warranty claims (the customer service claims)....they have done nothing to date. RVW guided me through the process, when it came time to pay.....still waiting

Thanks for your response, if I am overseeing anything I would appreciate all recommendations
CE2JD2 is offline   Reply With Quote