Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2018, 10:23 PM   #21

We had a 2014 Heartland North Trail - major delamination of a wall after one season of use. Heartland warranty was a joke.
Im sure others have had better experiences but we’d never go near another.
Blue Ox SwayPro
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #22
Back On The Go

Had a Heartland bumper pull purchased new at one time. Didn't keep it long because it came in with an undersized air conditioner, smaller than shown on the paperwork and, no, I didn't climb up on the roof and check the btus. It was awful - noisy, hot all the time even in a small trailer, ran constantly. Didn't want to pay for a larger unit and I don't even know if the rig could accommodate one - sold the trailer not long after and went back to a class a from FR. Very happy.

Not too serious about anything except what affects health and happiness.
salwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #23
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwolfe View Post
Had a Heartland bumper pull purchased new at one time. Didn't keep it long because it came in with an undersized air conditioner, smaller than shown on the paperwork and, no, I didn't climb up on the roof and check the btus. It was awful - noisy, hot all the time even in a small trailer, ran constantly. Didn't want to pay for a larger unit and I don't even know if the rig could accommodate one - sold the trailer not long after and went back to a class a from FR. Very happy.
You live in central Texas and bought a small TT and blame Heartland for putting a small AC in it?

The small TT's come with the smaller AC's...

I'm sure the smaller FR's come the same way...

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #24
Back On The Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You live in central Texas and bought a small TT and blame Heartland for putting a small AC in it?

The small TT's come with the smaller AC's...

I'm sure the smaller FR's come the same way...

TT was only something like 21' and was to have 13.5k btu a/c which should have been ok. Came in with something like a 11.0k. No didn/t work but should have been sufficient. Plus it was unbelievably loud when running - couldn't even talk to someone next to me. I do blame heartland as they didn't put in the unit advertised.

Not too serious about anything except what affects health and happiness.
salwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwolfe View Post
TT was only something like 21' and was to have 13.5k btu a/c which should have been ok. Came in with something like a 11.0k. No didn/t work but should have been sufficient. Plus it was unbelievably loud when running - couldn't even talk to someone next to me. I do blame heartland as they didn't put in the unit advertised.
Sounds like your issue should be with the dealer as THEY are the ones that sold you that unit.

Without you providing model info then we really can only make generalizations without fact.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Heartland, but I'll bet the bigger AC was an upgrade option and not always supplied (if at all) as a standard item on every single unit of that model number.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

When I bought my first FR and some small repairs on it, my dealer said Forest River had a good warranty compared to Heartland. Most claims from Heartland needed a fight to get results. Forest River was good to me when we had issues with my Wildcat. They took my unit back to the factory from my home, rebuild it, delivered it to my summer resort at no cost for anything. And it was done during the off season. Would Heartland step up a major fix?
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
When I bought my first FR and some small repairs on it, my dealer said Forest River had a good warranty compared to Heartland. Most claims from Heartland needed a fight to get results. Forest River was good to me when we had issues with my Wildcat. They took my unit back to the factory from my home, rebuild it, delivered it to my summer resort at no cost for anything. And it was done during the off season. Would Heartland step up a major fix?
I think you will find both good and bad reports for both Forest River and Heartland about warranty repair issues.

Heartland is a much bigger company so it stands to reason that you might find more reports about them, both good or bad!

Problem is that most people that have good results usually don't bother to post about it...they are happy and hit the road!

But when they have a bad experience...they'll scream from the mountaintops about it to no end!
Old 11-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Heartland is a much bigger company so it stands to reason that you might find more reports about them, both good or bad!
John, Forest River is second largest RV manufacturer, in the world. Only Thor Industries is bigger. And Heartland is a division of Thor.
I believe FR's Rockwood/Flagstaff division makes and sells more units than Heartland.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #29

What Manual

How can you read the manual when there isn't one included. All I received with my Rockwood Ultra V was a generic manual and it covered things in general. For someone who was new to RVing, that is very taxing. I wish I had found this forum BEFORE I bought the RV. I would have insisted an several changes/modifications before I made the purchase.
dafcpa is offline   Reply With Quote