Old 03-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #11
After covering all my trailers over the past 20 years it is well worth it to cover it. It definitely makes a difference on the life of your decals, roof, and other components. As mentioned the cover will tear due to sharp edges and wind. I use pipe insulators to cover gutters and other sharp edges. I also don't spend the money on expensive covers because they to will tear. I have found classic covers do the trick and are a little cheaper. So when I get a tear it is not as heart breaking. But also as someone mentioned paying tens of thousands for a trailer a couple of hundred to keep your investment looking good is worth it,

2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #12
Worth it. My experience is here:

Winter Camper Cover

If you are concerned about damage, the Camping World/Good Sam protection plan that has come about for the ADCO covers cannot be beat! If you time your purchase just right when they are on sale and you have a member coupon, you can get the coverage at no additional cost.

The first year you use a cover is typically when you experience damage because you haven't figured out what is too tight or too loose or where your stress points/points of abrasion are to pad. I'll admit, brand new camper, brand new cover, and even though I have MANY years of experience covering, I missed a stress point and wore a hole the size of a fifty cent piece over the winter. No problem, ADCO is sending patch fabric at no charge, and we'll see my brother during trips this year and I'll have him stitch it properly (he's a canvas maker).

geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #13
Site Team
For me the cover is definitely worth it if you do the math. I expect to get about two years from a mid grade cover ( I use the grey one as it matches). I have gotten up to four years, but even at 2 yrs, it is worth it. Benefits are : significant fading of curtains and decals, protection of awning from sun, keeps leaves and other stuff out of AC, prevents leaf stains on roof. Overall the benefits out weigh the costs for me.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:57 AM   #14
Used the adco cover for three years now in massachusetts, still in good shape no holes or tears. I use tennis balls on the spouts.
davidjb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #15
I have been using the same ADCO cover on The Beast for 4 winters. The cover saved the gel coat last year when a tree fell behind it and the branches came crashing down along side, grazing the trailer. There were several stress tears at the seams, but NO damage to the gel. Without that cover I would have had major scratches and possibly ripped decals.
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1988 Harley Softail Custom "The Fireman"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #16
ADCO Cover for my A frame looks good, fits perfectly, and is easy to put on and take off. It has a Tyvek top which has a history of only lasting a year or two depending on wind, rain, sun and snow. I use swim noodles to protect the cover from sharp edges.

Amazon sells them for about $95. I anticipate buying new every two years or so in my moderate No. CA climate.
2015 Rockwood A128S
2010 Rockwood 2604
2014 Ford F-250 CC SB 2WD
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #17

I have had 2 one was from adco outlet not very good but was very cheap bought new designer series in October it come with 4 gutter covers put tennis balls on slide awning and generato tailpipe jus took cover off last week rv very clean cover was on sale when I bought it and used coupon to used class a cover on class c covers wheels also does good job
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #18
Originally Posted by tmhyer View Post
They do fall apart easily. Mine is a year old and has several torn holes in it. I needs to be covered in this florida heat, so I assume I'll be purchasing a new one every 2 years
I agree. They need to be replaced every couple of years. I got mine on sale for less than $200 if I remember. I it looks like I will need to be spending that every couple of years. I think it is worth it to keep the sun and elements away from it. I just feel better having it covered.

Now if I could only clean out the garage to put the pop in there! That would be awesome.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #19
A friend of ours has one and doesn't recommend that we get one due to the winds we see in our area.. Our TT faces west and with predominant west winds I'd be worried about the constant rubbing of it on the sides, and if it would turn it into a kite..
Camped 2016 (Days/Nights) - 32/23
Nights camped 2015 - 29

TT: 2013 26' Revere TBQB
TV: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #20
I purchased the designer series cover for my Flagstaff 5th wheel and after the first winter it had rips all over the place and I even padded areas that were sharp. This past winter really did it in, there is even rips on top where I didn't have them before. Time for a new one but I don't think I will buy Adco. I really like the PermaPro, the material seems heavier. The Adco is almost paper thin.

No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote