Old 01-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #21
I like my aframe. Beats tent camping

mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #22
Looking Down Range
Don't really think anyone is ever 100% content with the RV they have. There'll always be something you wish it had or miss something the last one had. We've had every type of RV but a diesel pusher and are very happy with our Forester. Yes, we'll continue to look to see what's new and current, but we know what we want and we're quite happy with what we've got.

2014 Forester 3051S
2013 Ford Focus
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #23
Are RV'ers Ever Satisfied?

Gotta say, after going to the Cleveland IX Center for the last several years, drooling on tons of units (300 +) this year, we found our affordable dream unit last show. Talked to dealer salesman & FR factory rep, had a great options list included on the "show model" with a pretty reasonable price. Negotiated of course on a trade in of our '08 Sunseeker for the new one...couldn't be more happy. Had a few issues on the new one, but the factory guys at the International Rally took care of EVERYONE of them plus a couple they noticed..Satisfied RV'er? YUP this one is, can't wait to get my baby out of storage and hit the road....
2016 Sunseeker 3050S
2012 Ford Edge TOAD
Blue Ox & RVIBrake
2014 - 37; 2015 - 58; 2016 - 64
mkekflyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #24
Originally Posted by rlocicero View Post
I don't go anywhere where I have to pay to have someone sell me something. If you are trying to get me to spend 25 or 30 thousand dollars, the show better be free.
1 Surveyor

2015 Silverado Duramax w/Allison transmission
2014 surveyor 293RL fifth wheel
1surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #25
Just went to the show in St. Louis Friday after work. I am looking for ideas/mods. I like seeing things up close so I fully understand how to make it myself or if it is better to buy it. I am working within my limited skillset.

Originally Posted by abomb View Post
Buying an RV is like getting married. You keep looking till you find the one that makes you happy. Now that doesn't mean that you can't take the occasional glance at a newer model......Haha only joking!!
An old acquaintance once told me, it is ok to look at the menu even after you have ordered.
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:46 PM   #26
Canadian Member
I've had a local dealer get me in the show for free when he knew I was in the market for a new RV. As I said in my earlier post, if you're shopping for a new one, admission to the show may be less costly, and certainly would be more convenient, than driving to all the dealerships individually.
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #27
Quite satisfied...

I love looking at new campers. Mostly love 5ers and MH. But, I have yet to find one that I like better than the one I have and the price I paid for it. Only had a few minor problems, one due to us and one due to the cabinets being too well made (door too heavy.)

Haven't been to any shows yet, but stopped at a few dealers and always looking on the computer. I currently have not tried to drive our truck towing the camper but I am going to have to learn because I want to camp more than my husband is willing to do. Either that or get a Super C so I can tow a trailer with my trike on it.
Dawn & Jeff
2003 F350
2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35X12
2008 Vrod Trike, 2010 DynaGlide
2 non-traveling Standard Poodles, Ralph & Smokey
dawn52627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #28
Originally Posted by pwrstrknpapa View Post
Every year at this time we head off into the Boston rv show, spend the $15 to park(rip off), pay the cost of entrance, $15 ea(rip off) and walk around and look at all the new and shiny rv's. We look at the new layouts and wonder if this layout would work better for us, oh ya and they might have more trinkets and features, lights here instead of there, a refrig that's bigger and maybe moved so it's easier to access. Things that I saw was plastic where there use to be wood, screws on stairs that are exposed heading up to the bedrooms. I just wish the industry would invest more in quality instead of "stuff". Don't get me wrong we too like going in and looking around, gather information on campgrounds, pick up a few things we need. It also allows us to think of spring, taking cover off and getting ready to head to myrtle beach in April . People do what they have to do, some need to upgrade, bigger family, kids are on there own or huge problems with unit they have. I think the best thing is watching the first timers with young kids running around beginning their rving journey, "daddy, mommy we like this one", that's awesome!
So, Are we just ever satisfied of what we have?
I'm happy to say this rv'er is and is able to walk down the isles and just look!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
If the rv dealers are trying to sell you a new unit why don't they pay for these shows they want it both ways. and after all that they don't listen
selkirk awards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #29
I got tired of all the shows - RV, Auto, Motorcycle, Boat, etc. Now I make it a part of my travel to stop by larger dealers that are on my route. Nice way to take a break and have a salesman's complete attention (on weekday visits). The used inventory is always changing, and the big dealers have multiple brands to look at.
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #30
Love going to the shows! Will be attending the Louisville show with the friends we RV with. Fun to look and I'm sure there is another fiver in my future. The next one may be the one we "most time" in. I have met factory reps and owners with which I have had good conversation while picking up different perspectives.

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote