Old 01-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #31
We skipped the Rv shows this year. We spent some quality time at a camping world store instead. We found several goodies we "needed". While there we walked through a couple OB trailers and MH. Nothing even tempting, we are very happy with our tailer and TV. Just need spring too get here!

2015 Windjammer 3029 Diamond Edition
2011 Ram 5.7 hemi
Ohio River Rat
2015 camping:59 nights
2016 camping: 49 nights with many more planned
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #32
Love going to the shows! Will be attending the Louisville show with the friends we RV with. Fun to look and I'm sure there is another fiver in my future. The next one may be the one we "most time" in. I have met factory reps and owners with which I have had good conversation while picking up different perspectives.

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #33
This is my first year to be excited about the RV show coming to Milwaukee, I pick up my Grey Wolf 25RR in mid-march, so for me the shows are excellent.

I've been tent camping for over 40 years and still enjoyed the Outdoor shows every year, if nothing else It reminded me of the really cool hobby I enjoy with my friends and family.

Now jumped ship, sold all the tents and stuff and now I have a trailer and I get to bring the Harley's with me, I think I'll be digging RV shows for quite a while.

See ya on the roads,
Dave, Deb and Cosmo the Wonder Dog
donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:29 PM   #34
Just a thought...

The RV Shows yield a lot of trade-ins which often get dropped-off as soon as there is a break in the weather... Dealers don't have room for all of the trade-ins so they are motivated to price accordingly. Most dealers make their money up-front by offering such low trade-in value (or other tricks of the trade like offering a bigger trade-in-value if you pay closer to retail on the new unit, etc....)

We found that the best used units don't even reach the dealers' internet ads - they sell within 48 hours, etc. of arrival. Therefore you may want to start working with a salesperson at each local dealer so you get first dibs on the better used units... Our salesperson called us the day a really good unit arrived & we bought it within 24 hours of arrival...
2011 RAM 2500 ST Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
2011 Primetime 3150BHD Touring Edition
Days camped in 2016-36
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
We've never been to an RV show but do like looking at the latest-and-greatest. We'll spend and hour or so at our RV dealer looking through his newest inventory when we are there buying stuff. (No, they are not the cheapest place to shop for RV stuff but we like giving them our business.)

But we're not looking to trade-in or "upgrade"....we're super-happy with our 33-foot camper.

It's kinda you get older, and the kids move out, we've found our 4-bedroom, 3 bath house is just too big, now. But we did go from an 18-foot to a 33-foot camper and from a Tacoma to a Tundra truck.

Maybe so many RVers seem to switch so much is because we're adventurous people who aren't afraid of making changes!
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:41 AM   #36
Mike, same here. Love my 346QBuD and haven't found anything I want to trade it up/down for. DH is so relieved! He holds his breath every time I say , " Wait a minute, I just want to look". Happy with what I got and grateful I can afford to keep it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:15 AM   #37
It cost 6 parking and 10.00 for a 2 day pass at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Plus you have great weather. I'd avoid Boston is there's a big show elsewhere LOL
Mike and Cathy
Riverview, Fl
justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:27 AM   #38
I Break Everything
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I don't go anywhere where I have to pay to have someone sell me something.
You must not live in America? My house is paid off but I still have to pay to live in it every year.

We go to some shows, there are not any real "deals" out there anymore that can't be had at a dealer. Last show I went to a dealer haggled over 500.00. Left and purchased from a dealer.

When you go into those shows and know prices, etc. they really don't want to talk to you. They want the impulsive 1st time buyer.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS MH
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #39
We don't have RV shows until Spring in the East Coast of Canada.
9 hours drive to Boston, and a .68 cent dollar means new travel trailers although cheaper in the states just went to an extreme.

in 2011 our Salem 27 foot trailer sold in the states for $16,000 Canadian (exchange was 1.05 Canadian dollars = 1 US green back.
That same trailer on the lot here sold for $30,000 Canadian.

Last spring a leftover 2014 5th wheel bunk we were looking at was $29,000 US in the states and $52,000 here.

I can only imaging what mark up will be for dealers to do paper work and shuttle new 2016 trailers into NB Canada.
With the dollar at a 39% exchange with the banks - we won't even be dreaming of things not to come because it would be a nightmare for sure.
2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #40
Since this has turned into a RV Show Post I find the One Dealer Very Honest in his sign about RV Tires! You Dont see Honest Dealers like this! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4510.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	97990  

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote