Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #41

Even though we were new to RVs, this forum helped us to decide that we would replace the China Bomb tires & cheap mattresses on any new/used TT purchase. Buying used meant we could factor the price of replacement tires into the deal...

Amazing... Our Maxxis M8008 Tires were only about $600 installed... I figure the China bombs cost about half that, so the RV Manufacturers & Dealers are willing to jeopardize the safety of our families (and those on the roads around us) to save a mere $300. Ridiculous! Shame on them!
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #42

To answer the OP's subject line, "no." However, to answer the content of his post, bling, like sex, sells. So when we walk into a realty nice looking rig our first impression tends to get fixed in our brains. It's only when one looks closer that we see the flaws. Some of us are experienced enough to dig deep, some not. And, even some of us experienced folks get caught up in the moment, fall for the bling, and remain unsatisfied for the entire time we own that miserable rig. And OP, yesterday I only paid $6 for parking and $10/PP entry fee in sunny Florida.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rhino View Post
E

Amazing... Our Maxxis M8008 Tires were only about $600 installed...
We changed out tires for the same ones you have and even with Can to USA exchange we saved over what tires are here.
The only dealer we could locate this brand and our size was in British Columbia
and we are in NB on the east coast.
Everyone wanted to sell me Carlisle's which i have on the front of my tractor...
Old 01-18-2016, 10:05 AM   #44

Attended the Milwaukee show a week back and we were not looking at buying anything. $22 for two including parking for three hours of walking around. Kind of cold in my part of the world with a good amount of snow. Why visit a dealer just to look around when they all come to one spot and I can look at everything without boots and winter parka? No salespeople bothered us during our visit either.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #45

I picked up free passes for admission (although they wanted contact info on the back) but still had to pay $8 for parking. OKC show was lame. Only big 5'ers, A-classes, and small TT. No larger TT's were there.

It was a combined rv and boat show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:28 AM   #46

Enjoyed the FL show yesterday. In Nov we went to a large dealer to buy a Rockwood and found Cougar to have a lot more for little money. The Rockwood had been on the lot a couple months and Cougar arrived while we were there. At the show we saw a model that we liked so maybe in a couple years we will look for a new 5er.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #47

Before going to a RV show, I often talk to a dealer, and ask for a pass. They either give me a card with a note on the back, or an actual pass, or ID for their dealership.
The conversation is like : "Are you going to have special pricing at the show not available here?" "I'd like to compare this to the FR model that is pretty close to the same thing, Can you get me a pass to the show?"

Or the guy will give me a card, and ask me to call him when I get to the door. He comes up, and gets me in.
Works 80% of the time.

I car pool, so parking is split, or I pay for parking and someone else pays for lunch.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #48

I went to the Washington DC RV show yesterday, and was very disappointed. Legions of motorhomes, 5th wheels and 25 ft plus trailers, but almost no small trailers. I had a list of 17 trailers in the 18 - 22 ft range that I wanted to look at, and not one was there! I also noticed that there was not a single Gulf Stream product of any type there.
johntaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #49

Not Totally!

We have a unit that we are very happy with but we've made more than 15 tweaks here and there. [add a clothing rack, hang a mirror, create more storage space, etc. ] It can always be a better fit for your situation!
kraftengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
To answer the OP's subject line, "no." However, to answer the content of his post, bling, like sex, sells. So when we walk into a realty nice looking rig our first impression tends to get fixed in our brains. It's only when one looks closer that we see the flaws. Some of us are experienced enough to dig deep, some not. And, even some of us experienced folks get caught up in the moment, fall for the bling, and remain unsatisfied for the entire time we own that miserable rig. And OP, yesterday I only paid $6 for parking and $10/PP entry fee in sunny Florida.

I see this post went somewhat in a whole other direction, but good conversation when it's about 10 degrees out where I am in the northeast. I think the above quote is where a lot of people get caught up and regret doing it, I know I have the past. My dad always says look at the ways things are built from the bottom up. The very best TT I owned before this unit 5th wheel, I have now was a early 90's vintage Sunline 22 ft, simple in design , no slides, built like a brick you know what!! I like simple! I tend to keep things way longer than most, to expensive not to, I also take to good care of things to Let'm go. So this rv'er will be satisfied for a good long time, and glad to be able walk away from the "eye candy"! Hey thanks all for replying. Happy rv'ing!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-19-2016, 08:50 AM   #51

Are we ever happy? you ask well yes, for a minute or two. Our needs and wants change all the time. today you might need a hunk house next week you won't, or maybe there are only two or three of you today and then you hear guess what dear we have another one on they way. Now the kids don't want to go with you any more, and that's good for a few years then the grandkids want to go camping with you.

We have had the travel trailer, then moved up to the 5th wheel, then a bigger 5th wheel and guess what I love our motor home the best. Things change we move on.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:41 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
since this has turned into a rv show post i find the one dealer very honest in his sign about rv tires! You dont see honest dealers like this! Youroo!!

😆😆
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:46 PM   #53

I originally wanted an A. Was not satisfied after driving it. Bought a C. Still really want an A. However, the more time I spend with the C, the more I like it. Someday , maybe an A is in my future, maybe not. The huuumaan condition. Satisfaction, like most else takes discipline.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote