Old 03-28-2016, 04:10 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant
Remember that the RV Industry doesn't work like the Auto Industry.
Manufacturers can't force dealers to work on units they didn't sell.
That's why they have disclaimers in their brochures/paperwork advising to buy local.

You always have the independent shop reimbursement option. Just get pre approval from FR.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #12
I have gone to independent shops for work on the road, they have put off other work to take a traveler because you will move on if they dont. keep in touch with your coachman/ FR rep and the component mfg giving trouble. get a component serial # list from your dealer/FR before your travels. Safe travels.

Big Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #13
What I have been told is do not bring your unit for warranty service because they would not work on it.. I will try to find a service center that will help. I must have created a stir. The Coachman folks called this afternoon to tell me that any Forest River dealer will help me even after I explained to gal that the dealers are telling me to drop dead.
BobandAnitaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #14
My experience with FR dealers has been at best horrible. I have never seen another group so reched as they are.

You best solution is assume they will never help in any way and that it is all up to you.
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #15
I bought our motor home from the closest Forest River Dealer and found out they had a terrible service department. I have found that there are several dealers that range from 1 hour to 1 and one half hour away that give excellent service. I would rather drive the longer distance rather than travelling 15 minutes to the Forest River Dealer where I bought the motor home from. I also have found that both of these dealers that are further away don't care whether or not I bought the motor home from them or not. Hopefully, you will find the same.
Bubbamace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:10 PM   #16
Wouldn't it be nice for the consumer to just take it in somewhere, get it fixed, pay for it.......and then send all the paperwork to Forest River and say "This is what it cost me because Joe's Trailers down the road from me wouldn't do warranty work; and I didn't buy it there because he's exorbitant in pricing. Please reimburse me."

I know that isn't how it's going to work. I know I'm dreaming......but it would fix the problem.

And there is a ton of discussion on here about warranty work. My question would be, if you can't get Joe's Local Trailer Dealer to work on your unit for warranty, where will you take it 5 years from now when you need something repaired and you're out of warranty?????? All fixes are not warranty fixes, surely.
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man"Calvin Coolidge
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #17
There are a number of dealers who are good at selling units. Have found few dealers who provide much service after the sale. Delays, deceptions and disappointment seem to be the rule. Please identify both the good and bad dealers in these public forums so consumers and members of the RV community can hopefully choose the best dealer possible. I've had reasonably good responses from FR warrantee people but nothing but trouble and disappointment from my dealer, Fun Town. Good luck.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #18

I bought mine locally thinking like most that it would help with service. I couldn't have been more wrong!!! Had the unit for a couple of months and seem to be at the end of the line for a minor repair that I missed on the walk through. Hope others are doing better.
DocRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #19
Please identify dealers that have been good or have you have a legitimate grip with. It is one of the few ways we consumers can make a statement.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #20
I just dropped off my Coachman Clipper 17FQ today for warranty service at Crestview RV in Georgetown, TX.

I bought it from them earlier this month. Three minor issues: The head of the mattress gets wet when it rains (I suspect the front window seal is leaking), the hot water heater pressure relief valve leaks when up to temp, and the black water valve leaks.

I'll see how it goes.

Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote

coachmen, dealer, forest river