Old 03-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #21
Best of luck. Remember to document your conversations.

Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #22
I bought my mini lite at a dealer only about 15 miles away from me but felt it was more of a hassle to hook up and tow it there just for the few problems I encountered. I took care of them myself and on one of the problems the dealer ordered the part and i installed it. If your a DIY I wouldn't be to concerned, after all they only have a one year warranty. Mine sat in the driveway 10 of those 12 months.

danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:39 PM   #23
I have been satisfied with the service I received at Bretz RV in Missoula, Mt. They have done three rounds of warranty issues and two recalls and although the work on one warranty wasn't quite what it should have been, they got it right back in and did get it right quickly. The service department is friendly and have got me in quickly and done most things efficiently and it has not cost me a dime in two years and I have not missed using my unit because it has never been stuck at the shop. I am satisfied with their service.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:24 AM   #24
2012 Solera
Very satisfied with Ideal RV and Trailer in Redwood City CA. Independent.
Ideal RV Bay Area RV Parts Repairs Propane
2012 Solera "S"
Calif SF Bay Area
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:39 AM   #25
We decided to purchase our Windjammer based on the service the dealership provided us on a unit we did not buy from them. We took our first Rockwood back to the dealer where we bought it 3 times to resolve an issue. Finally got tired of dreading with their nonsense and changed to Arbogast RV in Troy, Ohio. Good decision. Better service all the way around and closer to our home.
2015 Windjammer 3029 Diamond Edition
2011 Ram 5.7 hemi
Ohio River Rat
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:09 AM   #26
We bought our second Chaparral from Hunter Rv in Sapulpa Ok.Great bunch of people and very good service department.
DaveandSue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #27
I agree on using independent service dealers. Generally FR will have you pay them directly and reimburse you.
However, I had a situation with a recall item. The independent guys ordered the service part, and when it didn't show up in a long while, I called FR. It turned out that recall repairs have to be made by an authorized servicer, so I ended up taking it up to my selling dealer. No problem, except it delayed things.
2013 Coachmen Mirada 35DL
Chuck, Susan, and dogs- Gracie the Registered SnackHound and Toby the Wonder Boxer
Chuck.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #28
Well, I picked mine up from Crestview RV in Georgetown yesterday after dropping it off on Monday. They fixed the leak in the front that would get the mattress wet (gap in caulk around window), replaced the black water valve because it was leaking, and couldn't duplicate the hot water pressure release valve leaking.

I thought everything was fine and was pleased with the turn around and repairs until I got home and noticed that it looks like they backed another trailer into the side of mine.

There are two small creases in the siding about 5 feet high and exactly 7 feet apart, and below the crease that is to the rear of the trailer the side is caved in.

This picture is not the best - I was loosing sunlight - but if you look where the black meets the white at the rear you can see how it's caved in.

I've already emailed them and advised them I'm bringing it back tomorrow for them to see, but I'm sure they are going to deny they did it and even if they own up to it I'm not sure I'd want them attempting repairs and making it worse or causing some other damage.

Swear I should have just fixed everything myself.

Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #29
The Camping World dealer in Cocoa, FL is great. If you live in Central Fl it is worth the trip. They always took care of my warranty work on my TT that I bought elsewhere. They are always busy so waiting a few extra days is normal.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #30
Dealers don't seem to realize that sales is a long range operation. A customer who gets good service is a potential for a sale at a later point. A customer treated like dirt will not only not buy from them in the future but will try to pursuance 100 other people not to do business with them , as well. I guess that is too logical.

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

coachmen, dealer, forest river