Old 03-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Are these LED's equivalent to 921 incandescents?

I'm wanting to replace my light bulbs but would like about the same intensity and color. I think I would be happy if they were not quite as warm as the incandescent. I see these on ebay but don't know if I need 48 or 36 leds and if warm white or brite white is the way to go? Any suggestions?

36 led warm white panel in eBay Motors | eBay

comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
I used this one over the stove.
Light Lampe Panel 18 SMD LED 5050 Cool White Adapters | eBay

And these in all the pancake fixtures. Not as harsh as the original bulbs, but still plenty of light for reading etc. The fixtures are "oh so cool" to touch now.
10x T10 194 168 921 194 W5W Bulb Lamp 12 5050 SMD LED Warm White Y | eBay

I still need to replace all those single "tulip type" fixtures. I need to order a couple of warm and cool white versions and see which one we like best. I'll still be sticking with the 5050 SMD.

Just look for t10 wedge base and I do like the 5050 SMD types.

2008 Toy Tundra DC 5.7L Bagged w/LTs
Hensley Arrow
2012 Windjammer 3001W, Atriumed
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Don't pay too much attention to the number of LEDs. The light out put in Lumens needs to be comparable to the 921s you are replacing. I have installed the same type you linked to above. I have done 24, 36, and 48 units, in both normal and warm white. The warm is too yellow in my opinion. Mine came from China, bought on eBay. They are cheap enough you can experiment with different ones to see which suit you the best.

I have not mounted any of mine with the double sided tape. No failures in over 15,000 miles of driving and over 150 nights camped.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Crewcab
Jeep Commander - sold
Flagstaff V-Lite WRB26
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote