Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #1

Arizona Camping

Hello folks, I live in Oklahoma, But I recently bought a small camping spot in what I call the Desert near Valle Arizona on Highway 64. You would actually turn right on what I think is 180 when you get to Valle and go about 5 miles out that way. Ive only been there one time. I really liked the quietness and solitude of the place. But I don't know much about it. I visited the Grand Canyon south Rim in May 2013, I liked it so much that I new I had to find some property near there. So I bought some. There is very little information online about this area. Im just curious if anyone has ever done any camping around that area. There's a very nice view! My profile picture is the place I bought. I can add some more pictures if anyone wants to see them. Im curious about the wildlife in the area. Snakes, coyotes , cats, insects, plants. I am from the country so nothing much bothers me. Im just the curious type. I cant wait to go camp there. Does anyone here know anything about this country? Its Between Williams and Tusayan.
Nomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #2

You will have your normal high desert critter visitors. Remember, they were there first. Probably going to want to be on the lookout for rattlesnakes in season but the rest will pretty much shy away from you. Probably going to hear the Yotes yipping and howling at times. I love to hear them sing.

Is there any power or water nearby or available? Lot's of lots are platted out and sold with no guarantee of roads or utilities. No big problem to me but iot can be to some.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #3

Arizona

I don't mind critters to much, I was raised with them. I like animals. I don't care much for rattlesnakes though, We have our share of them here in Okla., I wont be hunting any, I've got all that out of my system unless I was starving lol. Ill be in a Truck Camper so I'm up off the ground, and I keep a pair of snake boots in the truck. There isn't any water or electricity close by and that's why there's no neighbors. Cant see a sign of a human in any direction. There is a dirt road that's not really maintained. The place is hard to find if you don't know what your looking for. Its near Kaibab drive. The roads not on a map but I know where it is. My camper is self contained so I always have water. Right now its pretty pleasant out there. No need for electricity. Just my batteries and solar. I would be afraid to have a well there anyway and just drive off and leave it. When I leave there I don't leave nothing but 2 tire tracks. When I go in to town my camper is on back of truck. I look forward to hearing those Coy dogs. I just checked the weather and its 61 degrees there WOW! Never to hot and never to cold. And close to Flagstaff and Lake Powell.
Nomadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping