Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
Traveling Two

Auto levelers

I just purchased a Forest River Surveyor 267 with electric levelers. I've never had these before. Question: When you lower then do the automatically level the trailer? And if so, do I put out the slide before leveling?
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #2

I believe they may be stabilizers and not levelers. I level mine side to side first and then level front to back with the tongue. After it’s level I put stabilizers down to keep the trailer from rocking......of course I’m fairly new to this and may be incorrect.
Remember, YouTube is your friend.
simiHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
I put the slide out only after I finish leveling.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #4

if they are truly Levelers, then they should be designed to hold a lot of weight and also 'level' the unit, though I would suggest that it's probably a 'Stabilizer' system, and designed to give you a good foundation for comfort when in the unit, for less movement. You probably will 'level' the RV with blocks, under the wheels, if needed.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
Traveling Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
if they are truly Levelers, then they should be designed to hold a lot of weight and also 'level' the unit, though I would suggest that it's probably a 'Stabilizer' system, and designed to give you a good foundation for comfort when in the unit, for less movement. You probably will 'level' the RV with blocks, under the wheels, if needed.
Yes...I agree. I should have said stabilizers. I did watch YouTube video and they suggest putting slide out before leveling. I would prefer to know where on the level to leave it higher on the slide out side to compensate for the slide.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryliving View Post
Yes...I agree. I should have said stabilizers. I did watch YouTube video and they suggest putting slide out before leveling. I would prefer to know where on the level to leave it higher on the slide out side to compensate for the slide.
I level mine side to side by using the Anderson levelers, so I have to level before putting out the slide. I would think each trailer is different, but I get mine 1-1 1/2 inches high on the slide side and that works well.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrobert View Post
I level mine side to side by using the Anderson levelers, so I have to level before putting out the slide. I would think each trailer is different, but I get mine 1-1 1/2 inches high on the slide side and that works well.

Same process for me except I have a level that is big and I can in the side mirror, I found the off level spot that makes the trailer level when the slides are out. When I park it in the drive way (fairly level) and after I’m unhooked it seems like I’m 1 to 1 1/2 inches on the Anderson leveler. Both slides out and it’s level.
Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #8

I think if it has an "auto level" button, they are levellers and not stabilizers. I usually auto level, them throw slides out and re-level. Sometimes re level again the following day depending on the type of ground we are on.
Team Poopy is offline   Reply With Quote