Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #21

I too am a pullrite fan. I have an f250 and a blue ridge and it works flawlessly and you don't ever have to worry about forgetting. I had standard rails with mine. Just lubed it with wd40 before using and kept it clean and dry when not in use.
Scott Colegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #22

I forgot to mention the another con would be that you have to inline with the trailer to connect and disconnect because of the special plate used to make it slide.
I reinforced several trusses in my shop and hang slider from hoist when not in use.
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #23

no way I could do this with a standard hitch because the superglide slides back about 14 inches. when I saw one at the campground I told my wife if we buy a 5er this is the only hitch I will even consider. picked up off craigslist for 500.00
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8inches.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	69018   Click image for larger version

Name:	90degree.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	69019  

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:07 PM   #24

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like I picked the right one. I just sold my old 5th wheel today and even managed to sell my manual slider along with it. That takes a little off the cost of a new one. Old camper picked up tomorrow and I can now go pick up my new one. (As soon as I have a hitch). Thanks for the reassurance and can't wait to break in my new sierra 32QBBS.
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhise View Post
Thanks for all the responses. Looks like I picked the right one. I just sold my old 5th wheel today and even managed to sell my manual slider along with it. That takes a little off the cost of a new one. Old camper picked up tomorrow and I can now go pick up my new one. (As soon as I have a hitch). Thanks for the reassurance and can't wait to break in my new sierra 32QBBS.
I hope you enjoy your 32qbbs as much as we love ours. I'm hoping to add a TV to the bunk house for the kids as soon as it warms up a bit. It's a great 5'er and is easy to tow especially with the Pullrite. lol

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 AM   #26
Stupid Lucky

Very happy with my Pullrite other than it slides when not hooked up. Currently I secure it with a line to my truck bed tie downs to stop this from happening.
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #27

Really? Never thought of that. I'll have to do that when I get mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:06 AM   #28

sandbagger and 5er tom its been a while since I had to do mine but there is a bolt in the front center if tighten a little it will stop that from happening it also keeps it from moving back and forth when going straight. That info is in set up instructions.
As you tighten move the slider back and forth with the handle you will feel it get snug in the center, good luck.
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #29

That makes sense. I though that they would have a way to prevent the hitch from sliding when not connected to the 5er.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #30

I'm on my 2nd pullrite hitch since I got rid of my Ford. Now have a Ram with in factory hitch setup so I had to change hitches. I have a New Pullrite 4100 with super rails to sell no mounting brackets though. Will never use any other hitch and they have great factory service.
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #31

Thanks Shiney. I pulled the TV mounts out of my old 5er and my first task will be getting the TV in the bunk room. I love my kids, but sometimes they need to get away from me... Does your 32QBBS have a sticker telling you where the stud is? I have a stud finder and I'm sure I can find one but I didn't know if they marked a spot to mount the TV.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #32

Quote:
Thanks Shiney. I pulled the TV mounts out of my old 5er and my first task will be getting the TV in the bunk room. I love my kids, but sometimes they need to get away from me... Does your 32QBBS have a sticker telling you where the stud is? I have a stud finder and I'm sure I can find one but I didn't know if they marked a spot to mount the TV.
There wasn't a sticker, but people from the forum told me to pull the cable plate and look for the brace. I haven't looked yet because mine is in storage and I haven't had a chance to get there. I will use a dentist's mirror inside the wall to look for it. I'll use a stud finder too, just to double check what I see in the mirror, to set my mind at ease when I try to mount the TP roll and towel rod in the bathroom.
Does yours have a cable and outlet in the basement? Mine doesn't and I want to add an outlet for a central vacuum power lead. I thought it was odd not having them in the basement.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #33

I have a cable outlet in the outdoor kitchen. Can you look up the model of your adapter plate for the pullrite? I sold my manual with my 5er and I have ordered the pullrite but I need to get the adaptor plate before I go pick up my 32 QBBS. I guess I can get it home without the plate, I just can't get it in my driveway. I have tried to find the pin box model number and deminsions but no luck and the universal requires you to drill about 16 holes. I can see me doing that in the dealer lot.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #34

PM Sent

Old 02-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #35

Quote:
I have a cable outlet in the outdoor kitchen. Can you look up the model of your adapter plate for the pullrite? I sold my manual with my 5er and I have ordered the pullrite but I need to get the adaptor plate before I go pick up my 32 QBBS. I guess I can get it home without the plate, I just can't get it in my driveway. I have tried to find the pin box model number and deminsions but no luck and the universal requires you to drill about 16 holes. I can see me doing that in the dealer lot.
I have the kitchen hook up too. I thought there would be an outlet in the basement that I could use to power the central vac. I thought that was one of the options on the 2014's and they discontinued it apparently.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #36

auto sliding 5th wheel hitch

go with pullrite, ilike mine, i set it 4'' forward of ctr of rear axle, it elimated the shock of t ar strips and bridge expansion joints and still have cab clearnace tho contary to popular opinion it worked for me enjoy the new rig
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Welcome to the forum. I have a pullrite and can't think of one con. I hook up and forget it's there. I have maneuvered in some very tight campsites and it has worked flawlessly on my 2011 Ram 2500 short bed.
X2
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #38

There is another auto slider called the Hijacker. Mine is going on five years old. To date no problems, about 30,000 miles on the hitch. I used it on a F-250, F-350 now on the 3500, just chang the mounting brackets. No rails in the truck bed, rails are under the bed so when you take the hitch out, you have a clean bed. Demco now markets the hitch, originally it was a British Columbia company that made it.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #39

I was looking at the pullrite and the hijacker. Reviews were about the same but the pullrite was less expensive. I got an email today that it will be delivered tomorrow. I hope I ordered the right adaptor plate. I know it's a lippert 1621 but there are 3 different measurements on the 1621. I'm assuming it's the HD model with the weight of the camper.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #40

Quote:
I was looking at the pullrite and the hijacker. Reviews were about the same but the pullrite was less expensive. I got an email today that it will be delivered tomorrow. I hope I ordered the right adaptor plate. I know it's a lippert 1621 but there are 3 different measurements on the 1621. I'm assuming it's the HD model with the weight of the camper.
Congrats. I can send you the pin box paperwork if you want to check the dimensions.

Tags
5th wheel, hitch, wheel