Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #41

Pullrite arrived today. Took all I had to lift it into the bed but she's all in and the entire install only took about 15 minutes. I had to adjust the bump stop a little. It was too long and wouldn't allow the slide to come forward enough the straighten up. This thing is a lot beefier than my manual slider and the operation appears to be very smooth. Depending on the weather, I may go pick up the new camper next week. I typically make up my mind and go for it, but it was a little more comforting to hear the good reviews on here.
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #42
Stupid Lucky

jim-bob - thanks for the tip and I'll tighten the bolt when I put the hitch back in my bed. Need the snow to leave Ohio first....
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #43

Slider

Had the Pull Rite 4100 with 4426 rails in my F250 short bed. Worked flawlessly and I absolutely loved it. It got me past my worries of towing a fiver with a 6 foot bed. When I bought my F350 short bed, I ordered it with the factory prep. I decided to go with the Reese Elite manual slide. I had discovered that in every situation but the most extreme I did not even need the slide. Granted, you have to be mindful of what your doing but you should be mindful anytime you are behind the wheel. I like the feel of a fixed hitch. I believe it just feels more secure with less feedback from the hitch. I kept the Superglide cam release adjusted as per the manual but in my opinion, it still felt a little loose. The Superglide is great hitch for those who want to hitch and forget. I like the feel of my manual slider and I only have the slide just for insurance. I cannot say I will never get in a situation where I must have the extra clearance.
All this said, I would go with the hitch that makes you feel the most comfortable while towing. Your preferences may change based on your experiences as time passes.
Happy Trails to All this Season!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F350 and 351THSS.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	70074  
Old 02-23-2015, 11:18 PM   #44

[QUOTE=Maxhise;772934]Thanks, sounds like the pullrite is the way to go. I have seen some videos of fails on just about every model out there but the pullrite seems to have to least amount. Only real issue I've seen with it is it looks like it slid back in a turn and then didn't return when straightening up and the pin box smashed the tailgate. That wouldn't happen in my truck so if that is the worst possible major failure, I can live with that.

After about 40,000 miles with my Pullrite 15K the only con I see is the need to use messy graphite spray lube on the rails. That might not be necessary on newer Pullrite models.
I can't see how it would be possible for the hitch to fail to "return when straightening up." I have seen a damaged tailgate, but that was caused by the Pullrite being accidently installed backwards so the pinbox was near the tailgate while on the highway, then actually moved forward when turning. Those of you who use Pullrites know it's possible. Oops!
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #45

Superglide Lube

[QUOTE=frozen;791063]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhise View Post
Thanks, sounds like the pullrite is the way to go. I have seen some videos of fails on just about every model out there but the pullrite seems to have to least amount. Only real issue I've seen with it is it looks like it slid back in a turn and then didn't return when straightening up and the pin box smashed the tailgate. That wouldn't happen in my truck so if that is the worst possible major failure, I can live with that.

After about 40,000 miles with my Pullrite 15K the only con I see is the need to use messy graphite spray lube on the rails. That might not be necessary on newer Pullrite models.
I can't see how it would be possible for the hitch to fail to "return when straightening up." I have seen a damaged tailgate, but that was caused by the Pullrite being accidently installed backwards so the pinbox was near the tailgate while on the highway, then actually moved forward when turning. Those of you who use Pullrites know it's possible. Oops!
The newer Superglides use WD-40. Not as messy as graphite but almost. I went through cans of the stuff. Another benefit of a manual slide. A few shots of grease each year through the zerk, install a lube plate, and off you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F350 and 351THSS.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	70350  

Tags
5th wheel, hitch, wheel