Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #1

Automatic Levelers

I just bought a new 2018 classic super lite with automatic levelers, I just tried if for the first time and it said "error out of stroke" and I feel like if I was at a campsite, it's the same level as my driveway. Any suggestions?
mxchrit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #2

Usually means one or more of your leveler cylinders has extended to it's maximum. Try putting some kind of block under the jack to shorten the stroke.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:46 AM   #3

Could also mean that when you pressed auto level the front of the trailer was below level. It must be above level when you press auto level.
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchrit11 View Post
I just bought a new 2018 classic super lite with automatic levelers, I just tried if for the first time and it said "error out of stroke" and I feel like if I was at a campsite, it's the same level as my driveway. Any suggestions?
Super Lite? What Make unit? Is this the 4.0 system,with the 5 point jacks? Youroo!!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinostop View Post
Could also mean that when you pressed auto level the front of the trailer was below level. It must be above level when you press auto level.
So the tongue has to be higher or lower then the hitch?
Old 05-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Super Lite? What Make unit? Is this the 4.0 system,with the 5 point jacks? Youroo!!
It's the new 2018 classic super lite 832ikbs and yes it has 5 point leveling jack automatic.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #7

Quote:
So the tongue has to be higher or lower then the hitch?
Congrats on the new rig. I didn't easily find the documentation for your exact level system, but on mine, the nose only has to be above level when initiating auto leveling for the hitch recognition feature to work.

I have used Auto level successfully on mine with the nose low and high.

Find the doc for your exact system to get all the details.

Enjoy! Level up systems sure make RV life more enjoyable!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #8

So we never asked if when you tried to autolevel if you were on an unlevel spot which caused some of your jacks to fully extend?

If you were on fairly level ground, then you might have a sensor problem, or your zero point calibration might need to be reset.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
So we never asked if when you tried to autolevel if you were on an unlevel spot which caused some of your jacks to fully extend?

If you were on fairly level ground, then you might have a sensor problem, or your zero point calibration might need to be reset.
I tried leveling it in my storage spot which is semi unlevel also tried leveling it in a parking lot with gravel and it was also semi unlevel so maybe on a campsite it will be fairly level work
Old 05-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #10

How did your jacks act? Did any of them extend fully? Your rig has to be really out of level for a jack to extend to it's max. We have auto leveled on some badly unlevel spots w/o errors.

If you get that error when auto leveling on fairly level ground, then I would think that something is wrong with a sensor or jack placement. Did auto ever work?

Can you manually level ok?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested in what is going on and what the fix is
Old 05-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #11

Quote:
It's the new 2018 classic super lite 832ikbs and yes it has 5 point leveling jack automatic.
What Make? The answers you have been getting are from Wildcat owners,is yours a Wildcat? Also I think Wildcats have Hydraulic system? Isn't your 4.0 Elect? Youroo!!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
How did your jacks act? Did any of them extend fully? Your rig has to be really out of level for a jack to extend to it's max. We have auto leveled on some badly unlevel spots w/o errors.

If you get that error when auto leveling on fairly level ground, then I would think that something is wrong with a sensor or jack placement. Did auto ever work?

Can you manually level ok?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested in what is going on and what the fix is
No I appreciate it I just find that the tongue jack doesn't really go down all the way so the rear levels out I feel like the auto levelers want the rear to go farther up meanwhile the front tongue jack is not at its lowest point
Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #13

Yep, his are probably electric vs hydraulic, but the control panel functions and instruction manual are very similar. At least on the 3.0 electric, can't find the 4.0 5 point manual.

The only difference for the out of range message for electric is that it might be caused by excessive voltage draw.

And most level up systems on towables are the same across the brands, so Wildcats are not any different.

Just trying to help.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #14

Quote:
No I appreciate it I just find that the tongue jack doesn't really go down all the way so the rear levels out I feel like the auto levelers want the rear to go farther up meanwhile the front tongue jack is not at its lowest point
I think I would take it back to the dealer and let them give it a go. If feasible. They should of demonstrated when you picked it up? It is sounding more like bad sensors at this point.