Old 07-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #1

Automatic Leveling Question

Hi,

We have a new 2016 Cedar Creek 34RE fifth wheel with auto-leveling and camped this weekend with it for the first time. The auto-leveling worked great however, we thought it would be more stable. It seemed to move a bit inside when walking around.

Should we auto-level it again if this happens in the future?
Thanks!

Old 07-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to DannyFaye Send a message via MSN to DannyFaye
wheel chocks

Try using the device between the wheels called chock tire locking chock helps a whole lot available at CampingWorld

Old 07-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #3

I am going to chime in for the steady fast system. Add this to your fifth wheel and you will be amazed. We tried the king pin stabilizer but have since gotten rid of it after getting steady fast. They are quick and easy to engage I can't say enough good things about them.

2014 Crusader 351 REQ Touring Edition (the Cottage)
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT (Allison B)
Nights in the Cottage: 2014: 27, 2015: 80 2016: 47
2017: Jan= 2, Feb=2, Mar=2, Apr=3,
Running Total:163
Rigpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:18 PM   #4

Assuming that you have the 6 point hydraulic levelup system. If so, I dont think you can use the steady fast or anything like it. What I found was that if I used blocks so that the hydraulic cylinders did ot extend far, the rv was more stable. I know thats kind of a bummer, but it sure helped.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Assuming that you have the 6 point hydraulic levelup system. If so, I dont think you can use the steady fast or anything like it. What I found was that if I used blocks so that the hydraulic cylinders did ot extend far, the rv was more stable. I know thats kind of a bummer, but it sure helped.
X2. We have used several stabilizing systems over the years and none of them work all the time. Sometimes we set up and are perfectly stable with just the level up jacks, the next time we are very unstable and have to deploy one or more stabilizing devices. If I ever figure out what what the difference is I'll die happy😃
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:51 AM   #6

Quote:
I agree the longer the stoke is set for level the more wobble, shorter the stroke less wobble. Front rams can extend 27" and the rear 17" so you want to shorten that, I think most of it comes from the front when I don't block them so I'm not using the whole ram....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Check out the website, Welcome to Steady fast , it looks to me like it will work with 6 point systems. I don't know exactly what you have, but it is worth investigating.

2014 Crusader 351 REQ Touring Edition (the Cottage)
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT (Allison B)
Nights in the Cottage: 2014: 27, 2015: 80 2016: 47
2017: Jan= 2, Feb=2, Mar=2, Apr=3,
Running Total:163
Rigpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:30 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigpdx View Post
Check out the website, Welcome to Steady fast , it looks to me like it will work with 6 point systems. I don't know exactly what you have, but it is worth investigating.
It's not that they won't work, it's been noted by Lippert not to use devices like these on hydraulic systems. Something about not allowing the cylinder to spin freely. I don't get it, but it was in their literature. Maybe they have since come out and allow it now. I know for a fact though, that Lippert installed a hyrdraulic level up system with JT Strongarms on it in Goshen, that was in 2013.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #9

We have the 6 point and use the X Chocks as well. Does a very nice job. Much more stable than our old trailer.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Doesn't Lippert themselves sell JT Strongarms??

How can they make such a claim.

Here is a direct reply/email I got from owner of SteadyFast system from an inquiry I sent.

Our system works really well on the LCI six point auto leveling system. It will remove 90-95% of the movement which makes the RV feel real solid. Whether you need it or not depends on your sensitivity to the trailer movement. I would recommend you try the trailer and if it moves more than your are comfortable with, we can take care of the movement.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling