Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 AM   #31
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Anywhere from 200 to 350 is enough for me. Once, when pressed we did almost 750, with DW doing 250, to get home ahead of a winter storm.

I like to stay off the interstates and take time to sightsee and explore. We seldom plan more than a day at a time. Old buildings, history, parks, the local people, garage sales... half the fun of traveling is enjoying the things along the way. We start talking about where we are going to stay around 2 or 3.
Yes sir,its (Smiles not Miles)! Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #32
Wanna Be Camper
We go by hours per day, usually shooting for 10 and a max of 12. I research all the highways and find speed limits etc then check construction and see how far we can go. Then the DW plans the camp sites and activities based on that. Used to go 18 hrs at abt 125kph back when we just traveled in our Windstar and stayed at hotels as we would go from Moose Jaw sask to halifax Nova Scotia in 3 1/2 days. I love driving so long days are fun for me which is good as I am the only driver on the team.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote