Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Sallywally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Awning rope lights

I saw a thread on the forums about rope lights that fit in the awning track, and don't need to be taken off to roll up the awning.


Does such a thing exist? I can't find that thread, now.
__________________

__________________
Sallywally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
a simple "search" of "awning lights" found this My solution to awning lights


mine always stay in track .

TURBS
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Sallywally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Thank you, Turbo! I am sure I ran that search, and couldn't find it! Thanks for finding it for me!
__________________
Sallywally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallywally View Post
Thank you, Turbo! I am sure I ran that search, and couldn't find it! Thanks for finding it for me!
Yw!
Good luck!
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallywally View Post
I saw a thread on the forums about rope lights that fit in the awning track, and don't need to be taken off to roll up the awning.


Does such a thing exist? I can't find that thread, now.

I had them on my last camper but I kept removing because I did not want to wrap up the cord in the awning. I did not put them on my new camper.
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post

I had them on my last camper but I kept removing because I did not want to wrap up the cord in the awning. I did not put them on my new camper.
Why would you wrap up cord in awning?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,115
It is a long story. My FW is very picky, I mean extremely picky and she did not like the extension cord running up the awning rail so I had the light cords go at the center if the awning along the center brace so they could not be seen when open, the only problem was when you rolled it closed. I cut the plugs off them and spliced the connections cause the plugs were too bulky and I didn't want to puncture the awning
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
It is a long story. My FW is very picky, I mean extremely picky and she did not like the extension cord running up the awning rail so I had the light cords go at the center if the awning along the center brace so they could not be seen when open, the only problem was when you rolled it closed. I cut the plugs off them and spliced the connections cause the plugs were too bulky and I didn't want to puncture the awning
I see!
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,115
I meant DW not fw
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,115
That is why I asked you about the led strips that she wants but can't find
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.