Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2016, 02:46 PM   #21

we got marble size about 10am. It was pretty heavy and still have some on the grass. Nothing car damaging but it had beat all the leaves off the trees,
MarcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #22
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Now I'm glad I'm hereClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458244958832.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	102169

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #23

One other thing about the hail storm on Thursday, we were scheduled to trade in our at that time current trailer in on our new trailer Saturday. Nice timing huh.. I had really forgotten about the trailer being in the path of the storm too. It's at a storage facility a couple miles away. I realized it while I was at work that day. I left on a break and drove over there. Wasn't good. The whole left side was peppered with hail dents. I went to the right side and saw a lot of plastic pieces. Looked up and the fridge vent was in pieces. Luckily everything else up top was fine. Went around back and found both tail lights had been shattered as well. Well I called my wife and we scrambled around and she went to pick up a new vent cover. I took off the next day and spent a few hours taking care of the vent cover and lights. The lights were a piece of cake of course. Take the old lights off, tie in the new ones and install in same holes. The vent over of course was a bit more work. Taking up the base, cleaning all the old sealant. but I have to say, Dicor is some good stuff. It is sticky ain't it?
Anyway, nothing I could about the dents so we just took it the next day to the dealer and showed them what had happened. Seems like a normal thing to them. They just informed us to make an insurance claim and have the check made out to them. They would still give us the same amount they first offered for the trailer, which was site unseen. We did this and came home with our new trailer and are very happy with everything other than the time we were there. Was kind of a long day.

Oh yeah, We now have COVERED storage. More money but so worth the reassurance that it is protected.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote