Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Are 100% with this post! ^We have been through Factory Repair, they will make you happy! Youroo! !
Countrygirl629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #22

Yay! Happy to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Heeb View Post
I had a few issues with my Forest River FR3 specifically a shaking problem in the dash and a problem with the automatic steps. After a couple emails and a brief conversation with one of the reps at Forest River. I made an appointment and took it in to the factory up in Elkhart Indiana. It was about a 4 Hour Dr. from Dayton Ohio but it was well worth the trip. The service manager was excellent and the techs were very knowledgeable. They fixed the problems and a couple other small things while they had the unit in their service bay. Excellent customer service.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:31 PM   #23

the only complaint we had is that it was not even a year old when we started having issues and by the time FR addressed the issue, it was out of warranty. The original FR rep we had just did not communicate with us and by the time we were able to get some communication going, he basically told us we were “out of warranty” and it “wasn’t their issue”. (I have all of the emails from him in regards to this, and actually ended up going over his head. Not because I am “that person” but because We are still making payments on a brand new, defective hauler and The ball was dropped).

When I asked to speak to another rep, we were promptly assisted. It took a couple of repair shops looking at it to decide what to do-not FRs fault. They were actually on board with me getting a second opinion on the matter. The first shop said if they fixed the “delam” that it would leave a noticeable seam on the side of our brand new hauler. FR agreed that a second opinion was in order. The second shop asked FR if they could open it up from the inside and see what was going on. When they did, it was determined that an extra piece was added inside the wall which caused it to twist the metal stud in the wall, and bubble the siding on the outside of the hauler. Not a delam, a factory mistake. And, apparently not the first, as we are now on the waiting list with 7 others ahead of us. FR is going to pick up the hauler sometime after the first of the year, it will take a month to fix, and then we will get it back, with a brand new side.

Other than the original communication issue I had with the first FR rep, and them not calling me to tell us from their perspective what they planned to do about the issue, they have been great. I only posted here to see what to expect if they decided to send it back to factory. The replies on here have been helpful, and now that we have heard directly from FR (it took them 5days and two emails to get back with us-they assumed that the info I got from the service shop would be good enough-again, just not good communication) and we have a plan, we feel a little better. Still sucks to have the hauler gone for a month, but we are glad it will be fixed correctly and be unnoticeable once complete.

Again-everyone has been great here, and I appreciate the positivity and the reassurance that it will Be taken care of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Heeb View Post
I had a few issues with my Forest River FR3 specifically a shaking problem in the dash and a problem with the automatic steps. After a couple emails and a brief conversation with one of the reps at Forest River. I made an appointment and took it in to the factory up in Elkhart Indiana. It was about a 4 Hour Dr. from Dayton Ohio but it was well worth the trip. The service manager was excellent and the techs were very knowledgeable. They fixed the problems and a couple other small things while they had the unit in their service bay. Excellent customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
Having been on this FRF site for almost a year and an owner of a 2014 Cruise-Lite that I bought a year ago, I have basically been happy with the responses to not only my concerns/questions but many others who have had issues with units like mine. This FRF site is great!

To the contrary, I've seen a good number of posts by unhappy RV'rs over the RV Industry's quality of work and poorly performing dealers who seem to blow off unhappy customers. While these negative posts may be legit, this series of posts, originated by "Countrygirl --" flies in the face of all that negativity and shows that FR Industries is, in fact, a company that will fix and compliment repairs that are sent back to the factory for a fix.

Although I have made some mods to make my DW and me happier, I am very happy with my unit. If I've had any problems, it was because the previous owner failed to do some of the necessary maintenance that must be performed to maintain the integrity and quality of the original product.

I am very pleased to see the positive comments about FR! It restores my faith that perhaps I made a good decision after all.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #24

That is awesome! I’ll just be happy to have it fixed and looking good again lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
My next door neighbor at my seasonal site had an interior ceiling leak problem that couldn’t be figured out by a couple of mobile techs authorized to do Forest River warranty work. After the last tech decided it should go to the factory it took only one week from the time of that conclusion for the RV to be picked up. Their RV was repaired and back on their site in less than two weeks. Not only did Forest River repair the problem, which turned out to be condensation between the roof and ceiling, they gave them four slide toppers and replaced flooring where my neighbor had ruined it pulling out the residential refrigerator. They also did numerous other things inside that weren’t part of the original problem. Forest River didn’t even contact anybody to let them know they were giving them slide toppers and doing other things for free — they just did it. To say the least, my neighbors were shocked when they saw everything that was done — even though I had told them previously that Forest River takes care of their customers this way.

Oh, and I was reminded by the post above this one, that Forest River removed their original manual awning and replaced it with a new power awning. And it’s a big one! My neighbor had broken the original awning somehow and it had to be held closed with bungees. It was obviously not a Forest River problem.

Bruce
Old 09-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #25

Yes, it must be remembered that these units are built in a matter of days. Mistakes happen and the best we can do is to hope it isn’t ours that the mistake has been made on! We have had little things here and there that we have taken care of, that is expected. But when a major issue hits, reassurance that it will be taken care of is always nice. It is disappointing that we are making payments to a unit that has spent more time in the shop than in our driveway or taking us camping. It is super frustrating to be dismissed as we were, but it is a relief to finally hear that it really was a factory issue, and We are on the way to getting closer to getting it fixed. It is just a time consuming process and one we did not anticipate (does anyone? Lol) when we got the hauler. Once it get fixed, we will feel much better about the situation, I am sure, it is just getting to the resolution that takes a toll on you.
QUOTE=JohnD10;1933876]This is also true of other brands and manufacturers as well.

Most of the units they make are good, and some with maybe a few minor issues that can be easily addressed by ourselves or the dealerships.

Or at least can be taken care of very easily if the right procedures are followed.

We rarely read about those...which is the way the real world rolls!

But when somebody gets one that has some serious stuff going on...out comes the rants, and often times...extreme hatred!

And the dedicated Facebook pages...the Tweets...the lawsuit threats...

There are all kinds of RV brand hater pages and websites, usually started by someone who thinks they bought a lemon that wants to start an international class action lawsuit!

And if anyone tries to talk any sense to them, well...don't bother, because you'll become the target for their daily firing squad!

Anyway, I've never had to take an RV back to the factory, but I know several people that have done so.

And all of them reported that they very were happy with the repairs they got there!

[/QUOTE]
Old 09-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #26

I am definitely one of the believers of honey catches more flies than vinegar! And I was really disappointed that the first rep dropped the ball and just blew us off after the minor issues were repaired. I have been extremely happy with everyone else at FR that we have dealt with. I guess sometimes people just have bad days, but that shouldn’t be taken out on the customer. Hoping our wall issue gets resolved and we are just as happy as you were with your repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I think a lot has to do with how you interact with the company reps. I think some are so angry they get all up in their face and demand something. I can understand that, but the opposite usually gets you further. I was at the International Rally, had 2 small cracks at the slide and some waves on the back passenger side wall. I asked one of the techs working near by to look at it. He sent his boss over. Looked at it and we made an appointment at the factory. Went back twice since the realm was easy, took a day, and the cracks took a week. Could not be happier.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:04 AM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
A few years ago we had our Wildcat sent back to the plant. They picked it up at our home in Michigan, replaced both sides from front to back, replaced the faded cap, new stove, new wheel, and new awning. Then returned it to Arizona where we winter. It took 6-7 weeks with very little updates. In the end we were very happy with the work done and they didn't charge us for anything. At the time we were 2 months out of warranty but the did it as a " good will" thing. But it did have major design flaws in the walls.

After I got it back, I found my RVLock system was not returned with the unit. I called them and they said to buy a new one and send them the receipt. They cut me a check to cover it.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:29 AM   #28

Glad to hear things ae heading in the right direction, we all know how frustrating this can be but in the long run you will be happy. Good luck and keep us posted.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #29

Factory Repair

After discovering a major delamination, and a roof installed improperly at almost two years old, Forest River sent out a transporter to our campground in MA, took it back to IN in November, and brought it back in March. It had a new roof, four new walls and a new slide out. Customer service excellence in my book!

Phil
runner2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:29 PM   #30

I'm about ready to throw my unit at them. I have had a electrical nightmare for the past 2 years. and they won't do anything except try this and that. then can't even tell my techs where wires are run.
PISS POOR on FR. Bad quality control.
Stevekbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrygirl629 View Post
Hi all,

New here but having issues and hoping for some inside/suggestions.

Purchased a new 2017 XLR 29HFS in April 2017. Took it in for last “warranty issues” before our year ran up. The service department pointed out an area of “delamination” that was occurring in the back panel. They assumed it was water intrusion from a vent. FR went around and around with them and us about the repair and finally agreed on a price. The service Dept told us that when they fixed it, there would be a “visible seam” at the site of the repair. We were upset at this, figured they didn’t like the price FR said they were going to pay, so they decided to do a “cheaper” job to “fix” it. Ended up taking it elsewhere for another opinion (FR rep agreed with this idea).

New service department looked at issue and decided they were not sure it was delamination and asked for a few hours to take it apart and see what was up. After going in from the inside, they determined it was actually a factory issue. They took photos and sent them to FR and were told not to fix it, that FR would need to send it back to the factory to make it right.

Just picked up the hauler yesterday. Still no word from FR, even though I’ve reached out to them. Been jacking with this situation all summer long with the hauler spending more time sitting in the various service departments than camping. We are getting ready to come into our “serious” camping season, with trips planned monthly from end of October through May of next year. Starting to feel pretty nervous about the situation and wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? Wondering what to expect and how long a “factory fix” takes to remedy.

Any help/suggestions/previous experience would be appreciated!

Unfortunately I’m in the same situation. I have a bump on the front side of my Sanibel. Dealer is scheduled to inspect it in two weeks. He has seen pictures and does not feel it is something he can fix. He feels it is structural and will have to be returned to the factory.
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:26 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner2002 View Post
After discovering a major delamination, and a roof installed improperly at almost two years old, Forest River sent out a transporter to our campground in MA, took it back to IN in November, and brought it back in March. It had a new roof, four new walls and a new slide out. Customer service excellence in my book!

Phil
WOAH!! They had it from Nov to March??? Ouch. That would suck! But I guess worth it if they made it good.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:29 PM   #33

Wow-that is awful. Also, not a “safe” issue to have. Messing around with electric is no fun. Id be afraid of a fire.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #34

Yea, delam is a bad problem. When a blown tire totaled our previous camper we decided to never buy another smooth sided rv. The metal siding is easily repaired. Not to mention the price is much less than the fiberglass laminate units.
Wifshowfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #35

Weasles

Be happy if they make good on any issues. I’ll never buy FR again! The factory in the Northeest does shoddy workmanship.
Utahsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:21 PM   #36

2018 Wildwood

We have a Wildwood bought new and have had issues from day one. Factory issues on a lot of it. Everytime we go on a camping trip either something new breaks, fails or something previously fixed breaks again and it goes into the shop again. November 17th will be a year. We are concerned as we are going full time when my husband retires the end of the year. We have dealt with both the dealer and FR. It has been a very frustrating experience without much hope on this unit being fixed properly. No resolution from factory.
Tweetybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:28 PM   #37

Left mine at the factory one winter with many issues. They do good work out there. All issues corrected. I would inspect it carefully when picking it up.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahsong View Post
Be happy if they make good on any issues. I’ll never buy FR again! The factory in the Northeest does shoddy workmanship.
What factory is in the Northeast? All FR factories are in the Midwest, Oregon and SoCal.
I've had two FR products that were made well, other than some minor issues that were fixed under warranty.
My first one, I kept for 10 years and plan to keep the second one for at least that long.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #39
2018 GeorgetownXL 369DS

Thumbs up

I have a 2018 Georgetown 369DSXL that I had a list of items on and was not happy with the dealerships workmanship. I contacted the factory and made arrangements to drive up and wait for the repair. They were the BEST to deal with and wonderful customer service truly wanting to take care of the customer. You will have an enjoyable time if you take it up or pick it up touring the facility and meeting the people along the way. Sometimes the manufacturer gets the bad end of the stick when the local dealerships or repair shops are the bad guys not wanting or skilled to do the job right the first time. Good luck with your unit and happy camping.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #40

My all season wildcat was manufactured in Washington state. Manager repeatedly ignored my calls. Paint melted off the cone in front after one year. This model retailed for $35,000. Looks horrible now.
Utahsong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory