Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 01:01 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahsong View Post
My all season wildcat was manufactured in Washington state. Manager repeatedly ignored my calls. Paint melted off the cone in front after one year. This model retailed for $35,000. Looks horrible now.
Utah, the Wildcat factory is in Oregon. By manager, do you mean the dealer or the manager at the Oregon factory.
One of the reps there, used to be a member here. I believe his member name is Wildcat Steve. You might want to PM him to see if he can help you.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #42

Could not get into ouy dealers service department,,, so mad an appointment with the factory,,,short trip for us,,, was very happy with there work !!!
Sorry can't remember the guys names @ the service center for Sunseeker,,,
But great guys to work with,,, this was a couple of years back !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #43

You are correct. The Oregon factory was the plant responsible for knowingly producing these models for several years. They offered repair under warranty if the problem occurred in the first 12 months. The paint fades like water color. I covered mine so it didn’t start till the second season. After ignoring my calls I persisted until the manager offered to repaint the cone if I brought the unit to them and I paid for it. Everywhere I go, my 2015 Wildcat is an testament to shoddy workmanship. “What’s wrong with your trailer?” It’s a forest River.
Utahsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrygirl629 View Post
Hi all,
New here but having issues and hoping for some inside/suggestions.

Purchased a new 2017 XLR 29HFS in April 2017. Took it in for last “warranty issues” before our year ran up. The service department pointed out an area of “delamination” that was occurring in the back panel. They assumed it was water intrusion from a vent. FR went around and around with them and us about the repair and finally agreed on a price. The service Dept told us that when they fixed it, there would be a “visible seam” at the site of the repair. We were upset at this, figured they didn’t like the price FR said they were going to pay, so they decided to do a “cheaper” job to “fix” it. Ended up taking it elsewhere for another opinion (FR rep agreed with this idea).

New service department looked at issue and decided they were not sure it was delamination and asked for a few hours to take it apart and see what was up. After going in from the inside, they determined it was actually a factory issue. They took photos and sent them to FR and were told not to fix it, that FR would need to send it back to the factory to make it right.

Just picked up the hauler yesterday. Still no word from FR, even though I’ve reached out to them. Been jacking with this situation all summer long with the hauler spending more time sitting in the various service departments than camping. We are getting ready to come into our “serious” camping season, with trips planned monthly from end of October through May of next year. Starting to feel pretty nervous about the situation and wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? Wondering what to expect and how long a “factory fix” takes to remedy.

Any help/suggestions/previous experience would be appreciated!
Have a Cedar Creek 2018. Had problem with slide cover, needed to be replaced. I was in the area of the factory so made an appointment and they fixed that problem, 2 other small issues. GREAT SERVICE.
hamshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #45

Who or what is "FR"??

Just get it repaired yourself or it will never happen.

Quote:
Hi all,

Purchased a new 2017 XLR 29HFS in April 2017. Took it in for last “warranty issues” before our year ran up. The service department pointed out an area of “delamination” that was occurring in the back panel. They assumed it was water intrusion from a vent. FR went around and around with them and us about the repair and finally agreed on a price. The service Dept told us that when they fixed it, there would be a “visible seam” at the site of the repair. We were upset at this, figured they didn’t like the price FR said they were going to pay, so they decided to do a “cheaper” job to “fix” it. Ended up taking it elsewhere for another opinion (FR rep agreed with this idea).

New service department looked at issue and decided they were not sure it was delamination and asked for a few hours to take it apart and see what was up. After going in from the inside, they determined it was actually a factory issue. They took photos and sent them to FR and were told not to fix it, that FR would need to send it back to the factory to make it right.

Just picked up the hauler yesterday. Still no word from FR, even though I’ve reached out to them. Been jacking with this situation all summer long with the hauler spending more time sitting in the various service departments than camping. We are getting ready to come into our “serious” camping season, with trips planned monthly from end of October through May of next year. Starting to feel pretty nervous about the situation and wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? Wondering what to expect and how long a “factory fix” takes to remedy.

Karlajustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:02 AM   #46

Quote:
Hi all,

Hi Countrygirl629;

Forest River 2018 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8298ws rear living, Delamination found at pre-delivery check-up Received a letter from FR to use the 5er. all season then they would take care of it when I was done camping for the year. 5er. conditioned to delam more throughout the year I was told to by FR that they had a "glue problem" for 1.5 months so there are hundreds of 5er's and trailers with Delamination . FR picked up my 5er. yesterday to take back to Indiana. They should take vaer good care of your trailer
Denny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	delam.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	188315   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180315_115629151.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	188316  
WeLoveCampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlajustme View Post
Who or what is "FR"??
FR = Forest River
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #48

We found some very minor bubbling above the back bunk of our Shamrock hybrid and a little bit of water sitting on the tent end when we opened the bunk.

Called the dealer on 9/26 as we only bought it 4 months ago, they said bring it in 10/2.

Just found out today that FR wants to take it back to do some work.

We asked if it could wait until after Thanksgiving as we have a trip planned and don't want to risk not having it, the FR rep assured the dealer it would be back to us in plenty of time for Thanksgiving.

They are coming to pick it up from the dealer this coming week. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
dseepersad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #49

These guys just don't care enough to build quality into their products. They are built cheap, crummy engineering and worse craftsmanship.
I wonder if Warren Buffett knows what he has with FR stock?
My experience with a cracked frame and now the floor of the slide rotting out makes me wish I never bought the 251RLXL Wildwood. NTSB was no help with frame cracks and failures. FR blamed Lippert. Lippert blamed FR. Lippert sent plates the get welded over cracks at axels.
Good luck to you.
dkarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #50

The buckeling may be caused by structure all issues.
dkarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:05 AM   #51

The blame game is eternal. On mine Freightliner blames Allison, Allison blames Freightliner, Forest river sends out an inspector that looks at the ill fitting screens and condensation that drips off the AC ducts on to electrical components in the dash and concludes that the vehicle is roadworthy. Five, count them five transmission failures and water cooled electrical components really cannot mean roadworthy.
Long range Leeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #52

Can see places where metal components were painted first then welded. Paint blistering and corrosion very visible.
Wonder how many of FR's fine employees own a car that was painted clear coat first, color coat second and primer last.

Just saying...….
Long range Leeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #53

Repair or Replace?

I have a new 2018 Coachman that soon after we brought it home ( 1 week) had several interior panels warp. After a month all of the interior panels, (including the inside of the cabinets, head board etc.) warped. I was told that there was a bad batch of materials put in some of their trailers and I could send it back to the factory for repair. The entire interior had to come out and be replaced. After many conversations with the dealer I was able to speak directly to the right people at Coachman who agreed to replace the trailer. We are waiting for the dealer to get the replacement trailer and I am sure they will replace ours without a problem. Hold your ground if you want your trailer replaced rather than repaired.
lindenpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #54

I don’t think Warren Buffet cares as long as Forest River is making him money. But say what you want the Cedar Creek factory has been very, very good to us
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #55

You're lucky, a dealer replaced my 5r back end, back window not sealed, crooked, sloppy sealant, shelf crooked. Traded in spring, no more Jaycos. I'm sure the manufactures service department doesn't want a black eye, good place for winter storage.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #56

Sorry to hear about everyone’s problems. I guess we have been lucky. Only problem that we have had is the water valve on our toilet started leaking. Bought a new one on amazon for 20 bucks. Fixed it ourselves.
Our neighbor has had nothing but problems with his. Same with a family member.
Mslaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:09 AM   #57

I had posted early in October that Forest River was taking my camper back for repairs.

I called my dealer on 10/29 for an update and was told the repairs were done and the camper would be back within the week. I called my dealer again on 11/6 for an update and they said Forest River was working on transport for the camper. On 11/8 I called Forest River and left a voice mail and then started sending messages through their Facebook page. My dealer called me back and said she expected the camper to be back 11/12 or 11/13. I got a call back from Forest River, they said the order to transport my camper was dispatched and I would have the camper within a week. My Facebook messages were also answered and I was given the same dates the dealer gave me. I have offered to go pick it up myself, but they said no need, it will be back. I was told my camper was sent to a Forest River facility in Alabama for the repairs, why would it take a week to get from Alabama to Florida?

I made it clear to everyone, before they took my camper, that we have reservations to camp the week of Thanksgiving and if the camper couldn't be delivered to us before then, that we would bring it back to them after Thanksgiving. We were told "no problem, it will be back in time, guaranteed". Well, I guess we will see. I plan on making a lot of noise with them if I don't have my camper by 11/14.
dseepersad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #58

We had major issues with warping in the interior of our Coachman tt. It took some time and several conversations but FR has now replaced our tt. We were able to use it during this season so we were not looking for additional compensation. We are happy with the outcome. The dealer (Jim s rv, Nicholas ny) was extremely helpful in making sure that we are completely satisfied with the result.
lindenpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #59

FR is building a new factory staffed by hundreds just for warranty repairs. This is cheaper than slowing the line down a little and making sure the RV's aren't slapped together like cheap doghouses. LOL.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:21 PM   #60

Any idea where the factory is going to be? Mine is getting ready to head back to the factory structural issue.
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory