Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #61

When I was at the Goshen rally this year Cedar Creek said they were slowing the line down. One thing Cedar Creek had done that the Amish didn’t like was working on Friday. The Amish like to work four days a week so they have time to work on there other job
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #62
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
FR is building a new factory staffed by hundreds just for warranty repairs. This is cheaper than slowing the line down a little and making sure the RV's aren't slapped together like cheap doghouses. LOL.
This is new information. Do you have a link or article about this?
Is it for all FR Inc divisions or just the FR RV division?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Rockwood/Flagstaff is building a Structure for Repairs,the location is at/near thier Millersburg Plants! Youroo!!
Old 11-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #64

Back from the factory 12 days

We just got our 2018 5er Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8298ws rear living back they had it 12 days Complete re-side they replaced the entire outside of the 5er due to delamination glue failure Plus they fixed our entire repair list after 92 days of camping Very happy with Forest River/Rockwood added 1 year additional warranty

2018 Rockwood 8298ws rear living
Dodge 3500 5.9 cummins turbo diesel 4:10 Dually 4x4
CPD Retired Crime scene Investigator 36.5 years
2018 Days camped 92
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180315_115629151.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	191219  
WeLoveCampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:27 AM   #65

River Stone is having a new plant built which will be near the Cedar Creek plant in Topeka, I hear they are also having 2 bays there for service. They must be doing well seeing they are building the new plant, I hear sometime early next year they move in.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #66

RV manufactures are selling all the campers they can produce. New models keep coming out, the economy is doing great now plus more people are retiring every day now
Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

Actually I was kidding, hence the "hundreds of people" and LOL. I wouldn't doubt them doing something that absurd though. Most management in this country these days is a joke.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #68

Well if you slow the lines down it will cost more to build them price out a lot of people buying campers. GM sells a lot of cars but not a lot of different models. I wonder how many different models Forest River sells. I’m not saying the rv manufactures couldn’t do a better job but we only hear of the bad campers on this forum, I would say most people are happy with the camper they brought.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
RV manufactures are selling all the campers they can produce. New models keep coming out, the economy is doing great now plus more people are retiring every day now
I am still wondering where all these new campers (as in RV owners) are going to camp??! Someone with enough capital should start a new chain of affordable camp grounds. I am guessing it could be a big money maker providing they do it right! There just isn’t enough CG’s to accommodate those who want to camp now! I see a lot of disillusioned new RV owners when they try to take their new units out to go camping and can’t find a site! Flooding the market with 1000’s of new RV’s is going to make this great hobby not so great anymore! JMTC’s.
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #70
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
Someone with enough capital should start a new chain of affordable camp grounds. I am guessing it could be a big money maker providing they do it right! There just isn’t enough CG’s to accommodate those who want to camp now!
Problem is that there are so many laws and regulations to build a new campground, the costs and hoops to jump through aren't worth the income from the campground.
Just to get permits for a dump station are a lot of hassle.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #71
Site Team

Quote:
I am still wondering where all these new campers (as in RV owners) are going to camp??! Someone with enough capital should start a new chain of affordable camp grounds. I am guessing it could be a big money maker providing they do it right! There just isn’t enough CG’s to accommodate those who want to camp now! I see a lot of disillusioned new RV owners when they try to take their new units out to go camping and can’t find a site! Flooding the market with 1000’s of new RV’s is going to make this great hobby not so great anymore! JMTC’s.
It depends on where you are. There are a couple of CGs that we were seasonals at within the last 5 years. One just recently upped their prices and lost about 80 seasonal campers. The other was never, ever full. Even on holiday weekends.

Plenty of sites open at both places!
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #72
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
It depends on where you are. There are a couple of CGs that we were seasonals at within the last 5 years. One just recently upped their prices and lost about 80 seasonal campers. The other was never, ever full. Even on holiday weekends.

Plenty of sites open at both places!
Guessing that maybe many of the seasonal campers were actually the target audience of their price increase.

Best way to clean out the closets and make room for some new clothes, so to speak!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #73

Finally got my camper back. Turns out it went to a repair facility in Alabama, not the factory. Deb at Forest River was great about returning my calls and was very nice and friendly.

RV Connections in Dothan, AL does warranty repair work for Forest River, I only spoke with them once, but Eli was a really nice guy.

The fly in the ointment was the transport company in trying to get the camper back to our dealer after the repairs were completed. They were asked to pick my camper up multiple times over a 2 week period and didn't. We were about to drive to AL to pick it up ourselves when they finally showed up.

The camper was out of our possession from 10/2 until 11/15, but the repairs were completed 10/29.

All of this wouldn't have been a big deal if we didn't have a camping trip planned for next week. Glad we have our camper back in time for Thanksgiving.
dseepersad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:46 AM   #74

Very interesting. Our 5er is going through the approval process for a trip back to the factory for a warranty repair.
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #75

I was finally able to get into the camper yesterday to get it ready to head out on Monday.

The repair facility didn't clean up after themselves! There is a very fine grainy dust of some sort all over the back half of the camper, it's so thick, the brown wood looks white. I don't know if they took the back bunk (hybrid) out when they did the work, but if not, then the bed is probably covered as well. They also wiped mud from their shoes all over my Fort Wilderness door mat and didn't clean that up.

We are going back to the storage area today to pull the camper out so we can open the back bunk and really take a good look at things and clean up.

I made a call to RV Connections to let them know of the mess left behind but they said the guy I need to talk to will call me back Monday.

I will also be calling FR to let them know.
dseepersad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #76

Unbelievable
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 AM   #77

Quote:

I don’t see the problem of not finding campgrounds, I never have a problem. I use rvparksandcampgrounds and rvparky and I can find campgrounds. If the place you want to camp at is popular then make reservations early. If you want to stay at Fort Wilderness it’s really hard to find a spot without reservations or Yellowstone. We camp a lot in Pigeon Forge TN and we always find a spot. Myrtle Beach SC is a very popular place, make reservations early. The campground fees go up about every year, inflation, things cost more.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I don’t see the problem of not finding campgrounds, I never have a problem. I use rvparksandcampgrounds and rvparky and I can find campgrounds. If the place you want to camp at is popular then make reservations early. If you want to stay at Fort Wilderness it’s really hard to find a spot without reservations or Yellowstone. We camp a lot in Pigeon Forge TN and we always find a spot. Myrtle Beach SC is a very popular place, make reservations early. The campground fees go up about every year, inflation, things cost more.
Good advice!

Bruce

Tags
factory