Old 12-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #11

I plan on just using a suction cup and plug it in. It will charge and stay charged as long as itís plugged in. Then connect it to my iPad or iPhone. Easy peezy.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:42 PM   #12

Jeff6146, sounds like a good idea. Won’t that use up alot of data or do you have an unlimited plan. I do not.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:07 AM   #13
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
Wanderer, I may be off topic a bit but we got the Furrion camera with our trailer and it isn't quite as what we had in the past. I bought this one https://nuvending.com/collections/fe...outdoor-camera , I haven't used it on the trailer as a back up camera yet but it connects to a cellphone or tablet using it's own wifi and I tried it out from 150' through a 2 layer metal clad building with miles of wiring inside the walls and the connection and picture quality is rock solid and there is no need for an additional monitor taking up space on the dash. The battery is supposed to last 6 - 7 hours and can be charged on USB.

Just a thought
Look like a fairly nice camera but thereís no way to power it except for the built in battery. Also, the magnetic mount wonít work on most trailers. Also, noticed they say water resistant, not waterproof. Probably pretty good for a quick and temporary setup for backup camera use.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer26 View Post
Jeff6146, sounds like a good idea. Wonít that use up alot of data or do you have an unlimited plan. I do not.

I donít think it uses data just a Wi-Fi signal
Old 12-05-2017, 09:09 AM   #15

Now if you have a newer superduty they come with an option for a wireless camera for trailers and 5th wheels.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #16
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
Now if you have a newer superduty they come with an option for a wireless camera for trailers and 5th wheels.
Thatís a great feature. We have it on the Ram dually and it makes hooking up much easier and faster. It can even be turned on to view the hitch while driving.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Look like a fairly nice camera but thereís no way to power it except for the built in battery. Also, the magnetic mount wonít work on most trailers. Also, noticed they say water resistant, not waterproof. Probably pretty good for a quick and temporary setup for backup camera use.
I haven't done a lot with it yet, but I can tell it is so much more rugged than anything I've come across so far, the housing is all metal no plastic, the magnetic base is so strong it will never fall off and the picture quality is so much better than with any back up camera I've seen. It shouldn't be a problem to fabricate a small magnetic base that mounts to the rear ladder, it does have screw holes in the base for those that want to mount the camera permanently. They call this camera water resistant so they won't have to replace it for someone who uses it as an underwater camera IMHO, the housing is well sealed and the charging port has a rubber plug, I'm not afraid to use it in any kind of weather.
Setting the camera up is so easy, it took me less than 5 minutes incl. downloading the app and I don't need any more gadgets cluttering my dash, which is nice.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer26 View Post
How do you plan to mount the go pro in the rear window? My trailer also has the large picture window. I really donít have room for an ipad up front as i already have a 7Ē gps and a tpms monitor.

Hey if you have the GoPro clip that will work perfectly. Just tried it and trust me, all good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	157768Attachment 1Attachment 1
Old 12-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #19

Jeff6146

I have a backup on my f-150. It works great for hooking up. I cannot turn it on unless iím in reverse though. Iím existing on social security and a govít pension so $50.000 + for a super duty is out of the question. Besides i have driven a few super duties and by themselves they ride like a lumber wagon. My 150 rides like a car, very smooth.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
Hey if you have the GoPro clip that will work perfectly. Just tried it and trust me, all good. Attachment 157768Attachment 1Attachment 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	157829