Old 12-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Backup camera opinions

My husband would like to add a backup camera to our new RW 2304ks. In the past its been me behind and likely still will be but a camera would be helpful--we are used to using one on car and truck. I just read that the camera hookup is made for the Furrion cameras but we would like to use a wireless/Ipad (Iphone) camera--a couple of options and would appreciate any comments from members who have them, like or not, recommendations. Looking at RVS wireless, Tadbrothers and 4UCAM cameras/wifi transmitters. Apps are available for these.

Picnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
Usually Confused Member
I purchased and returned (gotta love Amazon prime) the RVS and 4UCAM. Both had less than optimal displays and required running extra wires, which is not easy to do at the back of a TT. Also had problems with reception.

I used the Sharx which only needs to be attached to your included Furrion connection wire. Installed a Netgear router inside the front of the trailer with power tapped off an overhead light. Total cost is about $325. A little pricey but the hi def display on the iPhone/iPad is better than any other I'v seen.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
Well, discovered we don't have the camera connection. We went to dealer to check it all out today & we must have seen it on the sister TT Microlite LOL--thought we had covered everything but not a big deal. So we'll have to reconsider a bit--which one, how it will be connected (assume to back top lights, perhaps bracket above or below center one).
Picnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
I'm not a fan of Ford GPS so did not get it on my new truck. I am a fan of Garmin and bought the 7" RV model. For an extra $155 a camera can be purchased (from ) that uses the Garmin GPS screen. No wires needed. Supposed to pick up to 40' or 45'. Hoping to find someone that has used it.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote